"I called Glock..."

PDA

David
May 2, 2003, 06:47 PM
I called Glock and gave them the serial number of my recent purchase of a used G22.

They told me that it had a update of a "new and improved" extractor, and that I could send it to them to have it done at no charge.

My G22 seems to work fine with its current "old" extractor, so is it worth sending it to Glock to have the extractor updated?

Has anyone ever had problems with an early production G22's extractor?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks...

If you enjoyed reading about ""I called Glock..."" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
George Hill
May 2, 2003, 07:38 PM
I'd go ahead and get it done. Gun companies don't upgrade parts for just any reason... especially offering it done for free.

I'd have them do something else to the gun too, while it is there.
If you have to send it it - might as well get two birds with one stone.

Midnight
May 2, 2003, 08:01 PM
I'd order the part from TopGlock or Glockmeister and install it myself. It's incredibly simple. It will cost you a few dollars, but I don't like going without any of my guns for extended periods of time.

Blueduck
May 2, 2003, 08:50 PM
Midnight, I'd suspect they are just talking about the 90 to 15 degree extractor ugrade. Can't do that at home unless your really good at milling and refinishing your slide of course ;)

Mr. Chitlin
May 2, 2003, 09:57 PM
I have never sent any of my Glocks in for repairs or upgrades, but have heard from others that when you do send them in, they not only do the upgrades, but go completely through the pistol and change out any worn parts, and refinish the slide, also. The only negatives are the cost for shipping (~$25-30) and being with out it for a few weeks.

9x19
May 2, 2003, 11:49 PM
I had a well-worn early model 21 that I sent in for that upgrade and it came back looking just like new.

Good deal for the price ($18 shipping it to them), in my opinion. :D

firestar
May 2, 2003, 11:54 PM
Why don't you ask them to ship you the parts so you can do it yourself and save $25-30 shipping?

If you just send them the top half (slide), it is not considered a gun and it would only cost a few bucks.

9x19
May 3, 2003, 01:53 AM
firestar,

While I own a bench-top mill, most Glock owners do not.

So, asking Glock to send them a new extractor, plus a carbide end mill, and re-finishing kit, to alter the breech face and re-finish the slide might be a bit untenable.

:rolleyes:

Gary G23
May 3, 2003, 10:17 AM
The G21 is the only model that Glock will do the 15 degree ejection port cut on for free. On the G22 they just change the extractor (5 degree taper at bottom) and ejector (longer). And no, they won't send you the parts unless you are a certified Glock armorer.

If you enjoyed reading about ""I called Glock..."" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!