We all have our priorities ...

PDA

Mark Tyson
May 2, 2003, 09:35 PM
Modern life is complicated. We all juggle many competing needs and interests. Guns are just one of many. We have jobs(some more than one), school, family, hobbies, religion(for some), and various responsibilites. We have other hobbies and interests, exercise, and household projects. Some of us are involved in our communities, we do volunteer work, charity work, etc.

Where do guns fit in with you, compared to these other things? How much time do you spend on shooting and RKBA legal activities compared to other interests and duties? Are they at or near the top of your list of priorities? Or are they merely a diversion?

If you enjoyed reading about "We all have our priorities ..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NIGHTWATCH
May 3, 2003, 12:43 PM
I dont spend much time at ranges. And compared to my other responsabilities, rent, food, hobbies, relationships, etc. My shotgun is silent. It has little to do with the others, but, so long as I have my shotgun, I know that I am free to handle or experience the other things in life that my heart desires. It serves in my life as the greatest measure of my freedom and liberty.

Now, I may think my shotgun is silent and dont think too much about it as it stands against a corner of my bedroom, but those family members, friends and my fiance who are not gunowners, who pass through my home, hear it very loudly. They dont understand where or why it should have a place in my life. And its usually then that in discussing ownership that I find how passionate I am about the RKBA, its importance in my life and its silent but majestic presence.

Gunownership, second to God, is the foundation by which I live. :cool:

RTFM
May 3, 2003, 02:51 PM
I'm stuck on the road right now (last 4 weeks from a 9mo trip Wooo Hoo) in one of the most unforgiving anti-freedom states there is, none other than the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. Where sometimes it apears even Sex offenders have more rights than LAW ABIDING gun owners do
(Any body from Mass. AKA Judge (joker) Maria Lopez comes to mind.) And they call this state the Cradle of Liberty
When Home (Idaho) I usually shoot skeet, Thursday evenings and Sundays with my wifes uncle.
And because it's so open there in the desert, when ever I feel like shooting, I just drive out to a canyon (closed type) and plink away.
I realize now, how much freedom I gave up whan I arrived here in the Peoples Paradise.

If you enjoyed reading about "We all have our priorities ..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!