Why can't I just leave them alone?

PDA

Sisco
May 2, 2003, 11:16 PM
Today the mailman delivered a Weigand scope mount for my 22/45, got the red dot scope mounted. FedEx dropped off the pistol grip forend and ventilated handguard for my Mossberg, got them installed.
Looking in the gun safe tonight I realized that I have somehow modified every gun in there except for a few heirloom pieces. New grips, sights, stocks, springs. Refinished stocks, bead blasted stainless, on & on.
Why is there a Brownells catalog in the bathroom? Am I the only one suffering from this affliction? Is there a support group out there?
:scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "Why can't I just leave them alone?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Carlos
May 2, 2003, 11:26 PM
No you're not, and Yes there is, and it's here, brother.

Yes, I have a Brownell's, Shotgun News, and lots of other gun catalogs in the throne room. You're not the only one.

You have friends here, Brother Sisco.

cool45auto
May 2, 2003, 11:48 PM
Don't feel bad. The only gun I haven't touched yet is my P32.

MeekandMild
May 3, 2003, 12:29 AM
Cool9mm, you haven't seen the lanyards, the 13 pound recoil springs and the 10 round magazines for P-32's?

Tamara
May 3, 2003, 12:34 AM
How am I supposed to help you? I was pestering my gunsmith on the phone today to see if the sights, safety, trigger and MSH for my .38 Super Colt had come in when I was rudely interrupted by the mailchick showing up with my new spare mags for my Browning BDM...

Destructo6
May 3, 2003, 12:41 AM
I think I might be the weird one in this group. None of my rifles, pistols, and shotgun have been modified much, if at all. The shotgun has a sidesaddle and the AR has a Giles sling: that's about the extent of it.

Justin
May 3, 2003, 12:45 AM
When I first got into guns, I figured that a gun was just fine the way it came out of the box. After all, so long as it worked, who needed to do custom work?

I can't think of one gun I own that I haven't modified or would like to modify in some way, or was modified before I got it.

coonan357
May 3, 2003, 12:36 PM
Does anyone know where I can get nightsights for a Coonan B model ??? Guilty as charged , Charge? assaulting a firearm . :o :D

Standing Wolf
May 3, 2003, 02:41 PM
I doubt I've ever owned a gun I haven't done at least something to.

CRUSHER
May 3, 2003, 04:50 PM
I just thought stock weapons where someting to start with not a finished prodduct...

Sisco
May 3, 2003, 07:23 PM
Thanks, I'm feeling better. Thought maybe it was a Freudian thing. :D
Right now I'm trying to overcome the urge to bead blast my GP100.

If you enjoyed reading about "Why can't I just leave them alone?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!