Recoil Therapy

PDA

Bowlcut
May 3, 2003, 05:28 PM
Man did that feel good today. Had a horrible week and friday capped it off with one of the worst days Ive had in a long time. I was driving home friday night at 2am just steaming mad getting madder with each mile. But got up early to go get breakfast with "The Slingers" and Darrin, then head to the range.

Ohhh was that theraputic for me. First few rounds to just blow off steam. Then got into a grove and was putting the bullets right where I wanted. Ive never shot that well in my life. It was just flowing. Only bad thing of the day....hot brass getting caught right on the edge of my glasses, nice scab there now. Didnt hamper the day tho. Got to shoot Chris' HKP7 thats a nice little gun I will say. Listen to Dave make the best fully automatic imperssionation he could....and sheslinger shooting the prettiest pistol out there ;)

I was sooo looking forward to this, I really needed it.... Anyone else go hit the range after a bad week for some recoil threapy? Going again tomorrow to shoot long guns, get to shoot my Mosin Nagant for the first time tomorrow too :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Recoil Therapy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Darrin
May 3, 2003, 06:20 PM
Twas a good time, indeed. Now that I've finished the 500+ rd break-in for my P22, I'm gonna ship it off to be worked on. (Freakin' slide catching on hammer :cuss: )

It was really cool meeting some new folks today. (Extremely nice people) Some pics should be up shortly. I sent them to cslinger, I'll let him add captions and names to the pics. :D

TonyB
May 3, 2003, 06:21 PM
I also find shooting to be theraputic.Something about the noise and recoil.Rapid fire realy takes the cobwebs out:D

cool45auto
May 3, 2003, 06:28 PM
I know just what you mean, Bowlcut. I'm glad you had a good time. Tell us how the Mosin does. I'm going to shoot my Enfield for the first time tomorrow.

cslinger
May 3, 2003, 06:32 PM
I think we all needed a nice go to the range and just have fun day. Everybody was extremely friendly and we got to try out each others toys and had a nice breakfast to boot.

Geezz and people are afraid of us gun nuts, we are some of the nicer people in the world.

High point for me was Intune's .44 Magnum Blackhawk. Mental note, add that to my giggle guns list.

I shot Darrin's P22 and loved it. Never even wanted to give one a second look because I was dissapointed with them when they came out. I really like shooting the little bugger though.

So anyway I guess you would call this the first meeting of the second chapter of the Tennessee Mafia.

Fun was had by all and I am sure we will all get together again.

Darrin, I have no email from you.

Chris

cslinger
May 3, 2003, 06:34 PM
Darrin,

Nevermind, I just got the PM.

Chris

Darrin
May 3, 2003, 06:39 PM
It's only 12 or so pics. I should have used the flash, but I didn't want to blind anyone toting that .44! :eek: ;)

cslinger
May 3, 2003, 06:40 PM
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/cslinger/DSCF0080.jpg

From left to right we have Intune, Bowlcut, Darrin, Cslinger and DavidTDM.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/cslinger/DSCF0086.jpg

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/cslinger/DSCF0082.jpg

The above two pictures are of my lovely wife Sheslinger illustrating that apparently size does matter. :what:

Anyway a great time by all. Thanks for hooking up guys.

Chris

Darrin
May 3, 2003, 06:42 PM
Hmm....not loading.....

cslinger
May 3, 2003, 06:44 PM
Sorry, working now.

Chris

Darrin
May 3, 2003, 06:47 PM
Weird. Didn't think my webspace would have a problem with linking.

Oh well... :)

Standing Wolf
May 3, 2003, 07:29 PM
Shooting is good for the soul, and I've found a trip to the range and gun cleaning session usually ease my arthritis and computer wrist, too.

If leftist extremists only knew!

Bowlcut
May 3, 2003, 08:48 PM
Oh great...now everyone can see why I hate pics ;). Dang i didnt think i made you look SOOO small Darrin....wow. Even hunchting down a hair Id think Id be shorter than Intune but dang. I sometimes forget how massive I really am....maybe dad was right those steroids I had to take for posion ivy problems as a kid might have added to me a little too much :)

Me holding the gun I wish I had...p99 instead of my sw99 which was already in the car.

Then the comment for sheslinger about what she was thinking about when we said the tagline for the picture.....nah ill let her chime in for that one if she wants....im not going to get her mad. She can out shoot me, with larger caliber id say....

Was a great afternoon. Got to shoot some fun guns. Having shot a blackhawk once before it wasnt that different, other than that huge barrel somehow made it more fun. Dave bout fell over, first from the recoil, then by laughter.

Amazing what the smell of gun powder will do to the mind to help relax it :)...or suffacate it from the noxious fumes....we will never know

QuickDraw
May 3, 2003, 11:03 PM
Good to see a group gettin' together and having fun!
I'm going to the range tommorrow (Sun.).Been a couple
of weeks since I been.I like tuning out the world and focusing
on the target.Going with a shooting buddy or two and
maybe a newby!

QuickDraw

davidtdm
May 3, 2003, 11:46 PM
Well it's a bit late and I ment to check the board out earlier, but the day started out a bit earlier than I'm use to and I had to take a wee little nap.

I also want to express the great joy - and constant giggles- that I got from shooting Intunes' .44mag. That is one firearm that will be going on my giggle gun list. :D

Once again I want to say also what a great , fun and safe range day we had. Next time hopefully we'll get to an outdoor range and we'll take the big boys (war babbies) out for some action. Maybe the group will grow a bit larger?

Coronach
May 3, 2003, 11:59 PM
Sheslinger!

lean forward! INTO it! :D :D :D

Mike

Feanaro
May 4, 2003, 12:03 AM
Shooting is great stress relief. Put mental picture of people that make you mad over the targer and you have instant anger management.

cslinger
May 4, 2003, 12:30 AM
Just for the record I am a bit drunk right now but I figured I would chime in and say.......

The next time somebody gives you the look or talks down to you because you are a redneck gun owner just remember that the bright side of having so many people against us is the fact that most gun owners tend to come together like a family, helping each other and generally respecting each others race, religion, views etc. That is what America is all about.

So here is to the big family that is THR and gun owners in general. Sure we might put the fun in DysFUNctional but we are a family all the same.

Thanks for a great day at the range. I second the war babbies day at the range suggestion.

Chris

QuarterBoreGunner
May 4, 2003, 12:48 AM
Awwww...GROUP HUG!!

You know what I noticed in the pictures cslinger? I mentally compared your pictures of 'rednecks'and the pictures of 'fruits, nuts and flakes' from our last shoot out here in **********, and you know what? No difference; just a bunch of gun nuts with big goofy grins on.

the bright side of having so many people against us is the fact that most gun owners tend to come together like a family, helping each other and generally respecting each others race, religion, views etc. That is what America is all about.

And that's what it's really all about; and yes we are a sort of really spread out maladjusted family.

I'm a Chris too, and I'd like to volunteer for 'Weird Uncle out in California' status. :D

davidtdm
May 4, 2003, 12:59 AM
Did you get duped into drinking vodka? :eek:

Good night all. Again I had agreat time:D

...Dave

triggertime
May 4, 2003, 01:14 AM
Not to be trivial, but Bowlcut doesn't have a bowlcut... :confused:

Bowlcut
May 4, 2003, 04:00 PM
Was waiting for that one.... I havent had a bowlcut in probaly 8 years. And at that it wasnt what most people consider a bowlcut. it was more of a high and tight, just no fade, just a hard line around the top of my head instead

HABU
May 4, 2003, 05:11 PM
Only bad thing of the day....hot brass getting caught right on the edge of my glasses, nice scab there now. The first time I have seen this pheonomonon was last Wednsesday at the range. I called BS on the guy cuz I have never head of or seen that excuse used for getting poked in the eye by someone.:what: I guess I'll have to cut him some slack this Wednesday.:cool:

OEF_VET
May 6, 2003, 01:42 AM
I'd really be interested in a THR range day. If (or should I say when?) ya'll put another one together, I'd love to recieve an invite. I'd particurally like a chance to put my long guns through the ringer.

Frank

Bowlcut
May 6, 2003, 10:13 AM
Well I cant shoot this weekend at all. I have to go to cookeville to see a few friends graduate. but i know me and darrin usualy go about every week or two. We go to the Cheatam county reserve....its free. Or Cslinger is saying maybe Owl Hollow for the next one. We will see. Maybe 2 weeks

If you enjoyed reading about "Recoil Therapy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!