Can a Ruger pistol trigger be fixed?

PDA

eastwood44mag
July 19, 2006, 11:46 AM
P90 with a spongy trigger. Long SA pull, lots of creep, just nasty as all get out.

Since it's a SA/DA trigger, I know it won't be as crisp as a 1911, but does it have to be so terrible? Is it something that can be repaired, or am I stuck with it (I don't plan on doing it myself)?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can a Ruger pistol trigger be fixed?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GrandmasterB
July 20, 2006, 03:41 PM
A good gunsmith can make the trigger better for sure. You are not stuck with it the way it is. New springs and polishing the internals will make a noticeable improvement.

Jamie B
July 20, 2006, 09:02 PM
With the the long link between the trigger and hammer in Ruger autos, I don't believe that much can be done.

Look carefully at lower poundage hammer springs.
I don't remember what I put in my P89, but is helped.
Look at the Wolff springs for your model, and they show OEM and optional poundage offerings.

Jamie

Jamie B
July 20, 2006, 09:38 PM
Nuts! Double post.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can a Ruger pistol trigger be fixed?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!