plans to build Sharps rolling block rifle?

PDA

last to know
July 21, 2006, 10:49 PM
Does anyone know of plans that I can use to build a Sharp rolling block rifle?
I have used a few different search engins with no luck. Any help would be greatfully accepted!

If you enjoyed reading about "plans to build Sharps rolling block rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
July 21, 2006, 10:56 PM
First, let me make a correction: A Rolling Block is a Remington rifle. A Sharps is something else all together.

There are a lot of books out about Rolling Blocks. Do a search for Rolling Block, BPCR (Black Powder Cartridge Rifle), and things like that. Dixie Gun Works probably has books on Rolling Blocks.

Jim Watson
July 21, 2006, 11:00 PM
Maybe because a Sharps is a falling block, not a (Remington) Rolling Block?

Buffalo Arms has them;
http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,51.htm

There is another source but I cannot lay hands on it tonight.

BEARMAN
July 22, 2006, 01:57 AM
There is also a site that has castings of most of the parts needed for a large number of the single shot rifles. I had my HARD DRIVE fail and I lost everything , that website was one lost. But now it is mentioned someone will pipe up with the URL.

BEARMAN
September 10, 2006, 10:48 PM
Found a site that might help GOTO www.kwk.us then in the index goto "RODNEY STORIE CASTINGS" Good Luck.

If you enjoyed reading about "plans to build Sharps rolling block rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!