Companion Nipples!

PDA

Zero_DgZ
July 23, 2006, 09:19 PM
I remember reading something about conversion nipples for the NAA Companion that took pistol primers instead of percussion caps. Is this an actual product, a product in the works, or did I hallucinate the whole thing?

Manyirons?

If you enjoyed reading about "Companion Nipples!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Manyirons
July 23, 2006, 09:26 PM
Yup, BOSS makes em, BigIron Barrels.

RyanM
July 23, 2006, 10:08 PM
And they're much more expensive than the regular nipples (and worth every penny). I'm still trying to use up all my percussion caps before I send off my gun to be worked on, because I know I'll never touch a percussion cap again once I have the new nipples. Plus one of the cylinders is loaded still, and I'm definitely through with drilling and hammering bullets out. And it's been 1,000,000 degrees and/or raining every time I get a day off, and there are no indoor ranges around here.

Zero_DgZ
July 23, 2006, 10:34 PM
You know, you can just take a pair of hemostats and pick the caps off, then unscrew the nipples...? I do that when my powder gets old and I haven't shot all the cylinders off yet.

I didn't see the things on the site. Do I have to send my gun in to get it smithed or is it just a drop-in replacement?

RyanM
July 24, 2006, 12:10 AM
I've already done that many, many times before, and like I said, I'm through with pounding and/or drilling bullets out of the chambers.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=41226&stc=1&d=1150498958

Anyways, I was told to send the gun in, because the firing pin needs replaced. A big flat pin won't do much to a flush seated primer.

Third_Rail
July 24, 2006, 12:17 AM
FWIW, I had an NAA loaded for 6 months, exposed to all sorts of conditions, that fired yesterday without a problem. :)

Third_Rail
July 24, 2006, 12:20 AM
I didn't see the things on the site. Do I have to send my gun in to get it smithed or is it just a drop-in replacement?

Send it in - the firing pin, like RyanM said, needs to be replaced.

If you enjoyed reading about "Companion Nipples!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!