Rorschach Inkblot Test and its similarity to new threads

PDA

iliketoshootguns
July 24, 2006, 03:23 PM
Most are aware of this type of test. The Rorschach inkblot test is described as "a psychological projective test of personality in which a subject's interpretations of ten standard abstract designs are analyzed as a measure of emotional and intellectual functioning and integration."

Don't you find it interesting how the Rorschach inkblot test and new threads serve a similar purpose. For instance, an innocuous inkblot elicits the core psychology of it's participants, revealing their level of security/insecurity, political ideologies, sanity/insanity, and a whole slew of personality types.

Likewise, a new thread posted by any of you can elicit responses that can range from jubilant agreement to a lashing out of rage. You can see the psychology and world views of those by watching their responses to seemingly innocuous topics.

-------------------------------------------
For example, here is a very simple topic:

What kind of gun do you like?
--------------------------------------------

and here would be some responses to the to
that topic:

1. I like the 1911A1, going on strong for a century.
2. Any gun you a@#$#$hole :neener:
3. I like revolvers, they are as reliable as anything
4. My manhood isn't dependent on my choice of caliber.
5. Well, real men wouldn't use a 9mm
6. Any gun a democrat hates
7. I prefer my Mossberg shotgun, will keep my family safe
8. Glocks are the best, perfection to the core
9. Well, my wife took my guns, took my kids, and took my dog

and an infinite number of other responses..

posting new threads not only seems to gather helpful/unhelpful information but also reveals the underlying issues/drives/and passions of this forum's participants.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rorschach Inkblot Test and its similarity to new threads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArmedBear
July 24, 2006, 03:34 PM
Clearly, so does this one.:D

Hoppy590
July 24, 2006, 03:38 PM
does seem like people are phishing for info. but at the same time it may just be new guys trying to start up a topic to feel the forum out

longeyes
July 24, 2006, 03:59 PM
Yes, that's why we're here. And we're going to stay here until we're cured.:D

Preacherman
July 24, 2006, 04:54 PM
What on earth does this have to do with THR's mission and purpose? :confused:

:fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "Rorschach Inkblot Test and its similarity to new threads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!