Gp100 without underlug

PDA

FunYet
July 24, 2006, 11:48 PM
The GP100 I picked up at a show a few days ago has only a partial underlug. Shoots well! When did Ruger start adding the full underlug to the GP100?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gp100 without underlug" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim March
July 25, 2006, 12:44 AM
I think from the very beginning. They went to full-underlug-only fairly recently as a cost saving issue I believe.

Plus it "looks a bit more like a Python" with a full lug.

:rolleyes:

TonyB
July 25, 2006, 08:35 AM
Yeah,short lugs are hard to find,but I like them better than the full.I had a 6" short lug(my 1st handgun)it was the most accurate gun I've ever shot.(I traded it away like an a-hole):banghead:

bakert
July 25, 2006, 10:12 AM
Like TonyB, I think the half lug GP100s are better looking but I could live with either one if I could find one in my price range here.

YodaVader
July 25, 2006, 11:06 AM
I think from the very beginning. They went to full-underlug-only fairly recently as a cost saving issue I believe.

Yes that is correct , I have an old Guns&Ammo (around 1986) with a GP100 ad on the back cover - a 4" blued full lug.

I like the full lug better myself , owned one of the 4" FL in stainless. Traded it away , one that I should have kept!:(

I think the main purpose of the half lug is a lighter gun for carry purposes. And some simply like that design better.

Thek9
July 25, 2006, 04:46 PM
I got a GP100 (GPF340) 4'' blued half lug last month. Real Nice! The weapon was manufactured in either 1988 or 89. The only thing I can figure is, she sat a long time in the box all alone doing nothing. I've put just under 500 threw her and she just keeps humming along (.38's / .357's).

Rugers web site posts serial numbers with the year of mfg. FYI.

T-Out

If you enjoyed reading about "Gp100 without underlug" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!