Do gold Tyler T-Grips look garish?

PDA

MatthewVanitas
July 26, 2006, 12:58 AM
I'm about to order a couple Tyler T-grips to go with the stock wooden grips on a few older S&W revolvers.

I have an inexpensive 10-6 that I picked up, and I'm tempted to put a gold Tyler T-grip on it. Would that look really cheesy, or does anyone think that blued/wood/gold looks good?

Tyler makes gold grips, so somebody must be buying them. Anyone have any good pics with a gold Tyler T?

-MV

If you enjoyed reading about "Do gold Tyler T-Grips look garish?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RON in PA
July 26, 2006, 02:40 AM
Not if it matches your gold front tooth, put some pearl handled grips on the gun too.:evil:

sgphoto
July 26, 2006, 07:50 AM
Gives new meaning to the phrase "Pimp my Gun".

Just kidding (well almost just kidding).

JNewell
July 26, 2006, 02:05 PM
Yes - but that's pure opinion. I use black on both blued and stainless revolvers.

Essex County
July 26, 2006, 02:23 PM
I'm in the process of purchasing a couple of Tyler T's for a couple of stainless K Frames and I'm having a difficult choice between polished and black. Haven't even considered gold. I mean no offense but, I'd choose gold only if I was running a string of girls in New Orleans or Vegas....Essex

gunhappy
July 26, 2006, 02:39 PM
I have a stainless on my 64 .38. It goes well. In reality, tho, your adversary will not see the t-grip if you aren't "made" as carrying. Once it's out, the last thing going through his mind should be a 129(?) gr. hydra shok.:what:

cmidkiff
July 26, 2006, 04:46 PM
That depends, are you putting it on something that looks like this:

http://www.taurususa.com/imagesMain/H_850TBCPRL.jpg

:neener:

BluesBear
July 27, 2006, 01:24 AM
I like the black ones. :)
I like the silver ones. :)
I think the gold ones are silly. :barf:

You asked. ;)

Essex County
July 27, 2006, 11:48 AM
Me again. Yesterday I ordered two black ones for my stainless Smiths. I was suprised to leark that it would be three weeks or so as they are made to order...........Essex

Gas Operated
July 27, 2006, 12:53 PM
Gold anything on a gun looks garish.

Diamondback
July 27, 2006, 03:01 PM
I tend to like them....but only when I wear my cape ! :what:

-Regards

BluesBear
July 27, 2006, 03:11 PM
Gold anything on a gun looks garish.I always liked the gold trigger on a Marlin 39A.

And I like nice gold inlays.
And gold stock medallions.

I also usually gold (or silver) fill the rollmarks on my blued guns.

A little gold can be nice. But not large pieces.

Unless the entire gun is gold. ;) ANd then only certain guns.
I remember a photo, Years Ago™, of a pair of engraved, gold plated Rodgers & Spencer revolvers from the 1860s that was just plain stylish.

bulbboy
July 27, 2006, 10:43 PM
any pics of some gold ones?

BluesBear
July 27, 2006, 10:56 PM
from the Tyler site. (http://www.t-grips.com/)

http://www.t-grips.com/tgrips.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Do gold Tyler T-Grips look garish?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!