savage 1903 22 clip???

PDA

charger
July 26, 2006, 06:31 AM
Could anyone point me in the direction of an original clip for this baby???

If you enjoyed reading about "savage 1903 22 clip???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BillinNH
July 26, 2006, 10:41 AM
I have bad news for you. The last time I looked people were selling the magazines by themselves for more than they were selling the guns without magazines. They are very hard to come by although I have not looked lately. There is an outfit that makes a credible copy of the mag but it is an eight-rounder, not seven, and protrudes below the line of the trigger guard, thereby spoiling the looks, IMO. I have an original with my model 1903 and one of the aftermarkets, both work fine. I think the aftermarket went for $35 but that was a couple years ago. The last time I saw any mags for the gun they were $55-70 but again this is old info.

Sorry I can't think of the name of the aftermarket supplier. I think it was in the southwest. Maybe google can help. If you find a source for the mags please let me know.

FWIW, the 1903 in its several variations, the 1909 variant and the 1912 semi-auto all used the same mag. I saw a model 1912 that had no magazine being offered for $40-50. Mags were running much more.

Good luck, let me know what you find.

Bill

If you enjoyed reading about "savage 1903 22 clip???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!