.22 revolver problem

PDA

Nickotym
July 28, 2006, 01:15 PM
I have been having a problem with an old Ruger Single Six. Every time I fire it there are about 4 of the 6 cartridges that have split down the side. This happens with a couple different brands of ammo so I don't think thats it. Do the cylinders wear out often or is the bore probably needing more cleaning? I cleaned it quite a bit, but that didn't matter.

If you enjoyed reading about ".22 revolver problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Master Blaster
July 28, 2006, 02:07 PM
You are using the .22 magnum cylinder to fire .22lr. Try some .22 magnum and it will be fine.

Did you get another cylinder with the gun??? If so thats the .22lr cylinder.

Good luck

TimboKhan
July 28, 2006, 02:18 PM
+1. You are almost assuredly shooting the .22 mag cylinder.

Nickotym
July 28, 2006, 05:53 PM
I am pretty sure the cylinder i have is the .22 LR cylinder. I tried putting .22wmr shells into it and there was no way they fit, however they were fired shells. I will have to get a pack of .22wmr shells and see how they fit.

Thanks guys I will let you know how it goes. The gun only came with one cylinder a previous owner lost the other.

Robereno
July 28, 2006, 07:35 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=211052

That link should take you to the discusion we had about my problem.

Nickotym
August 3, 2006, 11:00 AM
Thanks Robereno for the link. This is indeed the .22 WMR cylinder. The .22LR cylinder has a firing pin groove between the chambers, this does not.

You can all collectively say "I told you so!" now. :)

If you enjoyed reading about ".22 revolver problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!