Everybody OK?

PDA

OF
May 5, 2003, 12:13 PM
Nature took a major shot at the midwest today - is everyone OK?

- Gabe

If you enjoyed reading about "Everybody OK?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gh0strider
May 5, 2003, 12:15 PM
I live just North of Parkville, MO. The tornado was about 4-5 miles away. Got nothing but heavy rain and golf-ball size hail. We have some people that I work with that have damage to their houses. Lucky nobody I know was hurt.

VaughnT
May 5, 2003, 12:17 PM
I'm fine.

Thanks for asking.

OF
May 5, 2003, 12:17 PM
Welcome to THR, gh0st.

- Gabe

cratz2
May 5, 2003, 12:33 PM
We live here in south central Indiana and we had two trees damaged and have water running where I've never seen water running before. At the entrance to our... housing area, there are two lakes with an 89 ft difference I've never seen it above the drain line of the upper lake but it just might be today.

And there was one clap of thunder so loud that if every window on the south wall broke, I would not have been suprised. The dog actually whimpered out loud and ran under neath my feet. Never seen her do that before.

But all are safe. Hope everyone else in the area can claim the same.

bobs1066
May 5, 2003, 01:08 PM
Hardly got a sprinkle over in Lawrence, KS. All safe here.

El Tejon
May 5, 2003, 01:16 PM
Rained like you know what about of an elf boot. El Tejon trapped under steel critter range roof at club. Plinked critters with .22s and listened to the rain. Best time I've had in a while.:D

Thunder blew in window on dining room. However, thanks to all the landscaping/drainage work last summer, Fashionable Bachelor Pad weathered assault weather just fine. Now to get those ducks out of back yard. ;)

waynzwld
May 5, 2003, 01:47 PM
Had them just to the north and just to the south, but not much in my neck of the woods

Zundfolge
May 5, 2003, 02:18 PM
Reason #517 why I moved from Kansas to Colorado :neener:

My brother is up in Overland Park ... he's okay (well he's not damaged by the storms ... okay is a rather broad term ;) )

Flashpoint
May 5, 2003, 02:27 PM
We got some pretty heavy hail, but all the tornados ent west and south of us. I havn't heard any reports of injury but lots of damage. Storms used to not bother me, but since we moved out in the middle of this cotton field I'm a little more leary. Winds have a tendancy to pick up speed and do a little more damage than normal out here.

Ala Dan
May 5, 2003, 02:36 PM
Greeting's All-

We are O.K. as of this writing; but central DixieLand is
expected to get hit really hard sometime this afternoon,
or right after dark thirty!:uhoh: My home is approximately
16 miles south-southwest of Birmingham, AL. I will keep
everyone advised~

As I look out the front door, its very dark and dreary with
a light rain, considerable amount of lightning with thunder;
but NO rotating winds at this point. I'm gonna shut her
down for awhile; to try to save this old computer, as the
storm is fastly approaching!:uhoh:

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

foghornl
May 5, 2003, 03:29 PM
Some heavy rain & T-storms, but nothing really nasty near me, just East of Cleveland, OH

cool45auto
May 5, 2003, 07:49 PM
Glad everyone seems to be okay. We had a bad one hit our area a few years ago. I lost a nephew. I hate this kind of weather.

ghOstrider: Welcome to THR!:D

TechBrute
May 5, 2003, 07:54 PM
As long as this doesn't turn into a "What type of gun do you use to defend against weather?" kind of post. :D

keyhole
May 5, 2003, 08:02 PM
Came 10-08 last night when heard there was one on the ground. Went to point 2 south of Girard, Ks, and watched it pass, keeping rubberneckers from driving north into it! Followd it until came to first small gathering of houses,( east on 57hwy, Ringo) and spent the rest of the evening there, helping out, checking damaged houses, until we got everyone accounted for.
Hope we don't have another one for a looooong time!

Standing Wolf
May 5, 2003, 08:46 PM
Lots of wind yesterday on Colorado's front range, but no damage to speak of here. I dislike tornadoes a little less than earthquakes.

Stevie-Ray
May 5, 2003, 09:42 PM
Fine, thanks.:D Wild and crazy here tonight though. We were in the core of a major supercell and it got eerily quiet. Me and a few of the neighbors were out looking at the sky, watching the mammatus clouds and the swirling tendrils. I think I was getting ready to load my drawers, when to make matters worse the tornado siren went off for only about the 3rd time in 10 years. It passed over without doing much to us except a proper drenching, thank God. I hope everyone was as lucky.

blades67
May 5, 2003, 09:49 PM
I'm fine, thanks for asking.:D

Bowlcut
May 5, 2003, 11:27 PM
Nashville didnt make it out unscathed. We had some major wind damage and lots of flooding. know Jackson had like 11 or more die today from the storms. We had a few tornados and such. It wasnt a pretty day to say the least...

sm
May 5, 2003, 11:44 PM
Central AR
I'm Ok, others not so fortunate just NE of me. Two F3's hit, no fatalities. We have to make it through until Tues...that time of year here.

S_O_Laban
May 6, 2003, 12:09 AM
GRD, thanks for asking. All is well at home. Everything went either North or South of us. Did have a couple of people at work with damage to homes and church in Wyandotte Co. (KCKS) though.

Kamicosmos
May 6, 2003, 12:34 AM
I'm fine, down in Grandview, just a lot of wind, hail and rain.

Brother's mother-in-law lost her house completely though. Gladstone. All they have left is the foundation and floor.

If you enjoyed reading about "Everybody OK?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!