Model HD Millitary

PDA

starrwarz
July 30, 2006, 02:36 AM
Can anybody tell me how i can get the trigger back down so i can put it back together?

If you enjoyed reading about "Model HD Millitary" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jondar
July 30, 2006, 10:40 AM
Couod you be more specific?

Jim K
July 30, 2006, 11:31 PM
I am going to make a guess based on my vast (or half vast) experience. I'll bet you took off the slide without locking the recoil spring plunger so now you can't get the slide back on. If that is the case, turn the slide upside down and look in there for a long pin with a dished head. That is the recoil spring guide. Use a small screwdriver to push that pin forward as far as it will go, and then push the little button on top of the slide to hold it in place. The slide should go back on normally. With the slide in place and the stop in its upward position, just pulling the slide back releases the recoil spring lock (pickup spring, HS called it).

The next time, pull the slide back, and hold the button down while pushing the slide forward, noting that the tension is off the recoil spring. Then use the stop button to pull the stop down out of the way and remove the slide to the rear.

Jim

starrwarz
July 31, 2006, 01:02 AM
Thank's for the reply's. Let me refrase my self. Basically what has happend is that I took the slide off and pulled the trigger. Now I can't get the hammer to cock back, alowing me to slide the slide back on. Thanks Starrwarz

jondar
July 31, 2006, 08:57 AM
Are you saying that you can't push the hammer back because it is locked and won't move, or that you CAN push the hammer back and it won't stay locked in the cocked position.?

starrwarz
July 31, 2006, 02:16 PM
I am saying that I can't push the hammer back because it is locked and won't move. It's locked forward and I cant get the hammer cocked back. I think it needs to be back in order to put the slide back on from the end of the rail. Thanks....

jaybar
July 31, 2006, 03:07 PM
Starwarz - You comitted the mortal sin of HD disassembly - dropping the hammer without the slide in place. What happened is that the hammer over-rotated and pulled the hammer strut up and out of the hammer spring plunger channel and the end of the strut is now sitting up on the frame. The solution is to press the plunger back in place, capture it with a pin(there is a little hole in the frame to do this) and reseat the strut. Follow this link http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124793&highlight=HD+Military over to a recent discussion of the same problem over on rimfirecentral.com. The string has detailed instructions and drawings to help you through the process, plus a link to the manual for the HD. Good luck and don't snap that trigger without the slide on !!!!!!

starrwarz
August 1, 2006, 09:38 PM
Thank's alot Jaybar. It worked. I can rest easy now. Thank's to all that helped. Starrwarz

If you enjoyed reading about "Model HD Millitary" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!