Montanans are crazy

PDA

justinh
January 4, 2003, 03:54 PM
I just saw some guy walking right through downtown with this HUGE pistol in his hand. No wonder the streets are so tough around here. Darn gun nuts are everywhere.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Montanans are crazy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
2dogs
January 4, 2003, 03:57 PM
Montanans are crazy

I just saw some guy walking right through downtown with this HUGE pistol in his hand.

He'd be even crazier if he did it here- and arrested.:uhoh::)

QuickDraw
January 4, 2003, 04:01 PM
It would be o.k as long as he wasn't walking towards you!:D

QuickDraw

WonderNine
January 4, 2003, 04:04 PM
Being from North Dakota,

I resemble that remark! :D

blades67
January 4, 2003, 04:11 PM
Would it have been okay if it had been a small rifle?:neener:

QuickDraw
January 4, 2003, 04:16 PM
Either one,exit stage left!:what:

QuickDraw

El Tejon
January 4, 2003, 04:40 PM
"I made this plate", logo on Montana license plates.

PATH
January 4, 2003, 06:04 PM
Aw come on folks! People up in Big Sky Country are very personable. Don't be put off by people exercising their rights.;) :D

TallPine
January 4, 2003, 06:16 PM
Which "downtown" ....?

QuickDraw
January 4, 2003, 06:16 PM
Yep,I know.Got friends in Missoula.Great place!Great folks!

QuickDraw

justinh
January 4, 2003, 06:25 PM
Ha ha. You guys can laugh, but you've obviously never spent any time on the streets here. Ain't no place tougher. New York City? Nope. LA? You gotta be kidding. With all the guns on the streets here this place has to be the worst. :rolleyes: :cool:

NewShooter78
January 4, 2003, 06:55 PM
Well I've never felt intimidated on any of my trips to Montana. But then again those trips were to Whitefish, so maybe its a bit different over by you.

MountainPeak
January 4, 2003, 06:59 PM
If it is legal ,what's your problem?

It is legal to carry unconcealed weapons in NM too. Spent several years in MT. I loved the state! Sorry you gun owners are so intimidated by guns.

rock jock
January 4, 2003, 07:04 PM
If it is legal ,what's your problem?
It can reasonably be interpreted as a potential threat simply because there is no reason to have a gun in your hand in a public place unless you are preparing to either use it defensively or offensively.

justinh
January 4, 2003, 07:05 PM
I don't have a problem with it. I just thought it was pretty cool. :cool:

TallPine
January 4, 2003, 07:21 PM
It can reasonably be interpreted as a potential threat simply because there is no reason to have a gun in your hand in a public place unless you are preparing to either use it defensively or offensively.

Or it could be reasonably interpreted that you were on your way to a store to buy a holster ...

Don't you try on shoes before you buy? You bring your feet with you, don't you?

:D

rock jock
January 4, 2003, 07:28 PM
Or it could be reasonably interpreted that you were on your way to a store to buy a holster ...
Yeah, right.

justinh
January 4, 2003, 07:33 PM
It can reasonably be interpreted as a potential threat simply because there is no reason to have a gun in your hand in a public place unless you are preparing to either use it defensively or offensively. Why should people be prohibited from doing something which could be a potential threat. After we got down outlawing all the potential threats there would be nothing legal left.

TallPine
January 4, 2003, 07:33 PM
Actually, if you lived here that really would be a reasonable interpretation. (edit: the looking for a holster scenario, that is)

Gila Jorge
January 4, 2003, 08:07 PM
In 1967 I remember being in JCPennys in Anchorage Alaska and a guy came into the store with a 30-06 on a sling over his shoulder and went over to the record counter and bought some LPs. I looked up and there he was next to me. I merely sked him what caliber it was hence the 30 caliber indicated. Back then open carry was just fine.
Don;t believe it is any longer in the city....elsewhere is just fine.

BuckeyePPC
January 4, 2003, 08:37 PM
One of the guys at work says he open carries his Thompson Contender .357Mag . Had to get a special cross draw holster to fit it in . I think my eyes just about popped out of my head because I have a hard enough time concealing my Bersa .380 and thinking how much simpler it would be if I just open carried. I asked him about the reactions from the sheeple. Had to explain that part to him. He just laughs at their reaction because open carry is allowed in AZ and he feels he has the right to exercise his rights and if the sheep don't like it, then tough. As long as he doesn't make any threatening gestures, he's fine.

PATH
January 4, 2003, 08:57 PM
JustinH,

In the late 80's Washington Heights and Highbridge, two New York Neighborhoods, used to average between 120 to 150 murders a year. One night on Audobon Avenue a drug dealer and his girlfriend were killed by full auto fire from what are believed to be Uzi's. My brother saw the bodies. More holes than a swiss cheese.

It is a lot calmer now. Hell, the 33rd precinct is like little house on the prairie. I guess it may be rougher where you are now!

PATH

ahenry
January 4, 2003, 09:03 PM
Go Montana! :D

Aw come on folks! People up in Big Sky Country are very personable. I spent a few days there a few years back and I certainly agree. Sorta enjoyed it.

It can reasonably be interpreted as a potential threat simply because there is no reason to have a gun in your hand in a public place unless you are preparing to either use it defensively or offensively. Oh come on! Surely you jest. A gun in the hand of a man walking down the street is no more a threat than a hammer...right....?

CAP
January 4, 2003, 11:03 PM
My grandfolks owned some land outside Lincoln that my uncle got. I spent a couple of summers there. Beautiful country. Gods' country if there ever was.
If I were ever to leave the south that would be the place I would go.

And yes, there were always LOTS of guns. :D :D

rock jock
January 4, 2003, 11:09 PM
Oh come on! Surely you jest. A gun in the hand of a man walking down the street is no more a threat than a hammer...right....?
Well, I seriously doubt many on his board could truthfully say that someone walking down main street towards them with a pistol in hand would not cause a bit of anxiety. In all honesty, I would think that anyone that would scoff at the suggestion that such a man would reasonably constitute a potential threat would themselves be in the disdained "Condition White"/sheeple mode.

Why should people be prohibited from doing something which could be a potential threat. After we got down outlawing all the potential threats there would be nothing legal left.
So it would be OK if this guy begin to point his gun randomly at people? I mean, at that point he would still just be a potential threatr. You certainly couldn't discern intent just because he raised his weapon. Perhaps we was just stretching his muscles or testing his sight picture.

Sodbuster
January 4, 2003, 11:54 PM
"I made this plate", logo on Montana license plates.
Montana plates say "Made by Kirk"? :D How'd you know I was doing time up here, anyway?

If you enjoyed reading about "Montanans are crazy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!