Another J-frame followed me home...

PDA

Tamara
January 4, 2003, 05:05 PM
This time it was a cute little 4" tapered-barrel Model 31-1 Regulation Police, circa '71-'72 in beautiful shape.

Pics to follow! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Another J-frame followed me home..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PATH
January 4, 2003, 06:39 PM
Isn't it truly amazing how these things happen!:D

Tamara
January 4, 2003, 11:52 PM
Anybody tried Georgia Arms 100gr .32 S&W Long SJHPs? :confused:

Kahr carrier
January 4, 2003, 11:56 PM
I love when a stray gun follows me home ,doesnt happen as much as I want it to.:banghead:

4v50 Gary
January 5, 2003, 12:27 AM
Some folks have dogs follow them home.

Others have kittens follow them home.

Tamara and other THRers have guns follow them home. :D

Fiveshooter
January 5, 2003, 12:48 AM
I am a J frame fan myself. I am still looking for a model 631 in .32 H&R mag to follow me home.
I have a couple of the little 3"model 60-4s with the full lug barrel that I like a lot. I also have a couple of model 63 .22LR kit guns but I will never have any love for that %$#&^@ red front sight insert.
Please report back after you get a chance to shoot the little .32

http://photos.imageevent.com/fiveshooter/gunpictures/websize/Model%2060-4.JPG

Best Regards,
Billy

Tamara
January 5, 2003, 01:35 AM
I know what you mean!

This makes my fourth J-frame, and the square-butt 4" 31-1 looks so cool next to my square-butt 3" HB 36-1. They look like 5" & 4" M&Ps that someone left in the dryer too long. :D

Kahr carrier
January 5, 2003, 03:47 AM
Hey Fiveshooter nice Pic and a nice pair of Js.:what:

sm
January 5, 2003, 03:52 AM
Tamara, congratulations, awaiting pics and report.

Fivehooter, agree nice pics of a nice pair

Matt G
January 5, 2003, 06:53 AM
The 31's look like so much fun, but I just can't find a real use for them! Right now, all my firearms aquisitions are active working guns.

(and I ain't givin' Dad his 2" airweight m37 back unless he forces the issue!)

trapshooter
January 5, 2003, 05:51 PM
Heh, heh.

It looks like revolver fever is spreading around.

The bad news is, I just moved my nickel 36-3 out of the safe, permanently. :(

The good news is, it was a 2 + cash deal for three back. :D

The three back part is the subject of another thread. I kind of miss the 36 already, but I got one I've been looking for, one I wasn't but is (I think) a real find. The third I'd keep, but somebody else wants it more.

Dang, ain't it fun to 'adopt' new revos?:D

ajacobs
January 6, 2003, 01:52 PM
Tamara, I suppose this means you want to sell your pc-13 now as the safe is probally getting full. Fell free to email me.:)

Wil Terry
January 6, 2003, 03:48 PM
mine has fully adjustable sights, a 32/32 KITGUN as it were.
These guns shoot beautifully with 32 wadcutters and 32 SWC bullets in handloads you can assemble more cheaply than buying 22LR HP ammunition.
The factory loads are great plinking ammunition though.

MLH
January 6, 2003, 03:52 PM
It's a good thing tanks don't have revolving barrels or they would follow you home.:D

Tamara
January 6, 2003, 05:37 PM
...in handloads you can assemble more cheaply than buying 22LR HP ammunition.

Unfortunately, I don't have my reloading gear set up yet.

Also unfortunately, I can't find that box of Aquila RN .32 I know I have around here someplace.

Also also unfortunately, the Georgia Arms table at this past show was slap out of .32 LRN.

Fortunately, Georgia Arms only charges $11/50 for .32 JHP's, so I wasn't too distressed.

.32 S&W Long JHP: It may be small, but it sure is slow! :D

Tamara
January 8, 2003, 09:11 PM
Here 'tis:

31-1 and CRKT Tighe Tac. :cool:

Kahr carrier
January 8, 2003, 09:33 PM
Nice pic.:D

mikey357
January 8, 2003, 10:12 PM
I REALLY like the lil' .32's...I've got a 332, TWO Hand Ejector Models of 1903, an early post-WWII HE--complete with red box--, a "pre- Model 30" and an early Model 31 "flat latch"...I'd LOVE to find some Hogue's for the 31, BTW...oh, yeah...also have an SP-101 in .32 Mag...please forgive me, Horace and D.B.!!!...I've shot several "bags" of the Georgia Arms .32 Mag ammo, as well as several bags of their .32 S&W Long ammo...uniformly excellent, as is ALL their ammo...seems to be a lil' STOUTER than Federal's offerings, but I have not "chronoed" any to see...FWIW, I picked up two "bags" over the weekend at the McDonough, GA gunshow, so they DO have it "in stock"....mikey357

sm
January 8, 2003, 11:33 PM
That's is really nice, great pic as always. Just beckons to be handled and taken out to shoot.

Fiveshooter
January 8, 2003, 11:52 PM
:) Tamara,
I just saw the picture of your latest J frame. They just don't get any nicer than that.;)
Only problem is now I am jealous as hell:(

Best Regards,
Billy

If you enjoyed reading about "Another J-frame followed me home..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!