Astra .357

PDA

finlander
August 4, 2006, 04:28 PM
I did search about Astra .357 revolver but I'd like ask some things anyway. What is the overall quality of the gun like? I'd be able to get one for a good price but can't really decide, to buy or not to buy - that is the question. Gun looks like if it was new, no scratch, no wearing on bluing, kept well oiled. Gun has originally had 8" barrel but then cut to 4".

If you enjoyed reading about "Astra .357" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Wil Terry
August 4, 2006, 06:40 PM
This includes guns in 22LR, 357MAG, 41MAG, 44MAG, and 45COLT. They were all well made, handled nicely, and shot very well indeed.

Jim K
August 4, 2006, 08:44 PM
I agree with Wil on Astra quality, though I have fired only the .22 and .357.

But, I wonder about cutting the barrel. Has the front sight been reinstalled and altered properly for the shorter barrel? Has the barrel been crowned properly? If not, you could have problems in sighting the gun. I have no way of knowing the asking price but it would have to be fairly low to compete with S&W .357's being sold as police surplus for very modest amounts.

Jim

Mooseman
August 4, 2006, 11:35 PM
I own the Astra model 44 and I really like it. The problem arises when something breaks. Can you find a place that sells parts for this gun? Just my 2 cents.

Eightball
August 5, 2006, 12:31 AM
They seem to be pretty decent quality--like a "taurus"-kinda Smith-ish feel to them. Upon first picking up a .44 Mag version that a buddy has, I initially thought it was a 29:o . Can't say I've shot one, though. But, from what i've seen, they're pretty slick.

If you enjoyed reading about "Astra .357" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!