Imperial Metal Product .22 Revolver Info

PDA

qmwheels
August 6, 2006, 01:38 PM
I have a .22 revolver that is a mystery. It was made by the Imperial Metal Product Co. in Kinston, N.C. The barrel is imprinted with "Model 10 .22 LR". An internet search shows no info on the company. I recieved this gun from my grandmother after my grandfather died. She had no idea how long he'd had it or where it came from.
The gun itself is 4 1/2" overall length, 4" height, 1 1/2" barrel. 7 shot. I have pics but don't know how to post them.
A friend at work recommended this site to expand my search.
BTW, this site is great and now that I know about it I will be back.
Thanks,
QMwheels

If you enjoyed reading about "Imperial Metal Product .22 Revolver Info" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ron James
August 6, 2006, 07:44 PM
IMP is listed as a revolver manufacturer in the US and West Germany. I believe in 1968 when importation of certain firearms was stoped, IMP and R.G. Industries got together. Parts were imported from Germany and the firearms were assembled in the US. You have an American assembled RG-10 . This is a very inexpensive firearm that is valued at maybe 50 dollars if new in the box. Sorry about that

qmwheels
August 6, 2006, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the info. The value of the gun isn't a surprise but having the background of the company and gun is nice.

glamarser
September 25, 2006, 07:56 PM
Guys, the IMP 22LR is popular to us in eastern NC if for no other reason than it is the only gun from the area.....I have seen them bring $250:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Imperial Metal Product .22 Revolver Info" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!