Beowulf .50 AR Optics - Need Suggestions

PDA

sidearm
May 6, 2003, 03:26 PM
Hopefully someone here can give me some suggestions on optics for my recently aquired Alexander Arms Beowulf .50 AR - I have the flat-top model. Currently I have a Tasco World Class (rubber coated) variable 2-8 x 32 mounted (suprisingly it hasn't been ruined YET), but I want something obviously better. But I just can't see dropping $700 on an ACOG or the like. Any suggestions on decent optics that would fit the bill, but are also a good value for the money?

Is EOtech any good?

Thanks in advance-
Sidearm

If you enjoyed reading about "Beowulf .50 AR Optics - Need Suggestions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bogie
May 6, 2003, 04:59 PM
Considering the somewhat limited range of the thing, I'd go with either an electronic red-dot type of sight, or a low- magnification conventional scope.

waynzwld
May 6, 2003, 05:39 PM
You should consider getting a Bushnell HOLO-SIGHT. One minute of angle red dot sight, with a outer circle for fast aquisition of target. It's fairly small, very light and they seem pretty sturdy.

TechBrute
May 6, 2003, 07:05 PM
The Bushnell Holosight is made by EOTech. EOTech markets ruggedized versions under their own name. They are a fantastic sight and can be had for under $400.

If you enjoyed reading about "Beowulf .50 AR Optics - Need Suggestions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!