K-31 front sight

PDA

Oldnamvet
August 9, 2006, 11:40 PM
I am replacing the standard sights with Mojo sights. The rear was quick and easy. I haven't started the front yet since I wondered if the dovetail is wider at one end or the other. Which is the best direction to drive out the old sight? From the rear of the rifle to the front, or the other way? Or does it not make any difference?:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "K-31 front sight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ball3006
August 10, 2006, 02:23 PM
windage is adjusted by driving the sight back and forth. Just drive the sight out the back and install from the front. It is easier to punch it that way......chris3

Oldnamvet
August 10, 2006, 09:20 PM
Thanks. Knocked it out with a brass punch. Getting the new one (mojo aperture) fitted took a couple hours. File, check fit, file, check fit, ..., ad nauseum until I could drift it in with a brass hammer and punch. Next step is to get to the range for sighting in.

If you enjoyed reading about "K-31 front sight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!