New JOB definately Gun related

PDA

kjeff50cal
August 9, 2006, 10:48 PM
My current line of work as a freelance photog has gone flat for now so to make ends meet I applyed for a part time job at ........ Academy Sports & Outdoors:what: . You'll never guess my department....:D :D :evil: . Lets just say I'm Brer Rabbit and they threw me in the Briar Patch......

If you enjoyed reading about "New JOB definately Gun related" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Deer Hunter
August 9, 2006, 10:52 PM
Do you get ammunition discounts?

If so, care to pass on the savings to a couple High Roaders? :evil:

kjeff50cal
August 9, 2006, 11:43 PM
I get a discount but not on ammo :o ;) .

lawson
August 9, 2006, 11:47 PM
congratulations!!! it's nice when there are people working in the gun department that *gasp* know about guns!

the 22 junkie
August 10, 2006, 12:41 AM
Woah, which Academy? If its at the one on I-59 and Kirby I'm gonna have to come over there and ask you to cut me some deals... :D ;) :p

Drizzt
August 10, 2006, 02:32 AM
Yeah, I'm still out of a job, but I was looking through the ads the other day and noticed a position over at STI building guns..... I already put in my application, but they said I was over-qualified.

Tejas Gunwerks
August 10, 2006, 06:53 AM
You probably asked for too much money.

skeeter1
August 10, 2006, 07:31 AM
kJeff--

Be careful. you sound like the proverbial "Kid in a candy shop." I know I would be, but I envy you. :)

Drizzt
August 10, 2006, 02:10 PM
heck, I would have done it for free if they would just let me take one home every now and then.... :p

Tejas Gunwerks
August 10, 2006, 08:14 PM
"heck, I would have done it for free if they would just let me take one home every now and then.... "

I was just commenting because I was just hired. I have alot of practical gunsmithing experience. I accepted less than I wanted just for the expericence and the fact that STI is expanding right now and there will be potential later on. I want to get hands on experience with .45's and become a member of the American Pistolsmith Guild.

If you enjoyed reading about "New JOB definately Gun related" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!