Rock Island barrel change?

PDA

Bowhunter57
August 9, 2006, 11:18 PM
I'm considering the pruchase of a Rock Island 45 and am wondering if there are longer (6", 8" or longer) after market barrels, available for them?

Also, if I were to change the barrel out for a different/longer one, would I have to make any other changes for the weapon to feed or eject properly?

The Standard G.I. Rock Island 45, runs about $295 + tax, in my area. :) So, I figure that I can afford some upgrades, like a better trigger, if needed. I will be hunting varmints with this weapon, it'll be used as a "house gun" and maybe for deer (close range stuff ONLY).

Your opinions and experience is appreciated.
Thank you, Bowhunter57

If you enjoyed reading about "Rock Island barrel change?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
White Horseradish
August 9, 2006, 11:30 PM
A RIA is a standard 1911. Parts interchange (as much as they interchange for all 1911 pistols) and anything you can do to a Kimber or any other 1911 can be done to a RIA.

As far as longer barrels in a 1911, there are folks around here with way more knowledge on the subject than me.

DnPRK
August 11, 2006, 12:46 AM
Check
www.brownells.com
www.barsto.com
www.wilsoncombat.com

They sell long 1911 barrels.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rock Island barrel change?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!