how often do you deep clean your?

PDA

loonie
August 10, 2006, 03:48 AM
just make a test,somebody just hate disassembling and cleaning firearms.

If you enjoyed reading about "how often do you deep clean your?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Twycross
August 10, 2006, 08:36 AM
I clean every time after a shooting session, even if the session of only one shot long. It may not be until the next day, but it happens.

Nathan Williams
August 10, 2006, 09:32 AM
Depends on the gun. Rifles after everytime shooting (not including the AK:D).
As for my pistols every hundred rounds or so with the exception of my Glock, it runs just fine when dirty as hell just wipe the powder residue off the end of the muzzle and put it away, it will typically go 500 plus rounds before cleaning. As for shotguns..........well does anyone ever clean a shotgun? I just wipe em off, and rub on a little oil from time to time to keep the rust goblins at bay.

Taipei Personality
August 10, 2006, 09:53 AM
Every 2,000 - 3,000 rounds whether it needs it or not.

ilbob
August 10, 2006, 10:28 AM
I try to clean and lube each one at least once a year, even if unfired.

The guns I shoot a lot get more regular cleaning. Sometimes it is a wipe down and gun scruber. Other times it is a field strip and more through cleaning.

The more through cleaning is generally field strip, soak in kerosene and flush out the crud. Amazing how much crud there is. barrel gets the hoppes and brass brush treatment after the kerosene soak.

Most guns as long as you do not use corrosive ammo do not really need to be cleaned anywhere near as much as we tend to clean them. Many people learned in the military to become fanatic gun cleaners. I suspect the main reason for that is not so much that they need all that much cleaning, but more as a means of becoming more familiar with the issued firearm. If you clean it often, you learn to do it pretty quick. That could make a difference in a shooting war.

HSMITH
August 10, 2006, 10:34 AM
I clean and lube as needed. Depending on the gun and load that might be every couple hundred rounds to every 5000+ rounds. None of the residue in a gun is abrasive, so corrosion protection is all I really worry about.

Biker
August 10, 2006, 11:38 AM
I carry Glocks and corrosion resistant revolvers (Titanium, stainless, aluminum alloy) and a 380 AMT Backup on occasion, also stainless, so they get cleaned every time I shoot the dust out of the barrel.:)
I'm a bit more picky about my Bushmaster.

Biker

Technosavant
August 10, 2006, 11:59 AM
If I shoot it, I clean it.

I will admit I don't take the guns ALL the way down, but I do strip them as far as is practical- unless something is malfunctioning, there's no need to remove all the itty bitty parts.

fordfan485
August 10, 2006, 01:16 PM
If I shoot it its cleaned to inspection quality

dschwartz69
August 10, 2006, 03:06 PM
I field strip and clean (or whatever you would call removing slide, barrel, springs, etc.) my Beretta 92FS after every shoot - usually the same day or following day.

I actually enjoy the 10 minutes or so of taking things apart, cleaning, oiling, inspecting for wear/damage - almost theraputic.

David.

Taurus 66
August 10, 2006, 06:02 PM
Every 3,000 rounds or 3 months ... which ever comes first. ;)

KINGMAX
August 10, 2006, 06:09 PM
I usually deep clean if it has spent the week in the woods, or when I get to 500 rounds on the range, which ever comes first.

I always field strip and clean after each trip to the range. Deep cleaning comes when the weapon has spend the week in the woods, or when I think it is up to the 500 round mark. I will break it down a bit further and get the grit out of it then.

I keep my stuff clean, just goes back to training I guess.

Correia
August 10, 2006, 06:09 PM
500-1000. I know about how long my individual weapons can go before they need to be cleaned. I think many gun owners over clean unneccesarily.

ocabj
August 10, 2006, 06:22 PM
I clean the gun they day of, after a range session. I usually clean right at the range before I pack all my gear up to go home.

The Real Wyatt
August 10, 2006, 06:37 PM
sometimes I limit how many guns I take out to shoot 'cause I know I'll have t clean 'em all when we get home. My kids and grandkids always seem to have something they gotta do right away as soon as we get back home so I can't expect any help from them and my wife's skin is quite sensitive to gun cleaning chemicals (Hoppe's #9 makes her break out in a rash). So it becmes my job to clean all the guns when we get back.

I furnish the guns, I furnish the ammo and I clean the guns when we're through. But I derive sheer joy and pleasure from seeing all those young'uns laughing, joking and having fun shootin'.

The youngest grandson, he's just six, his momma won't allow him to shoot. But sometimes just he and I go for a walk in the woods ostensibly so he can learn to identify more of the trees and bushes (he can name just about every one of 'em in the spring and summer but don't do so good come winter). He is allowed to take along his BB gun that I bought for him and I take along my old trusty bolt action 22. We don't tell anybody that he gets to shoot a round or two outta the .22 at a leaf or stick, we keep that just between the two of us.

Cousin Mike
August 10, 2006, 06:47 PM
... :) :D :rolleyes: :evil:

But I clean my guns constantly. If they've been sitting around and collecting dust all week I field strip, run some Hoppes through it and re-oil/grease. I also field strip and do a more thorough cleaning after every shoot, the instant I get home. As already stated, I find it to be somewhat theraputic and relaxing.

The Real Wyatt sounds like the coolest grandpa ever, by the way.

ArmedBear
August 10, 2006, 06:51 PM
It's important to note that cleaning a gun constantly can cause wear on the parts, too.

I've gone to multi-level cleaning. Sometimes I deep-clean, sometimes I just throw some Bullfrog Rusthunter or CLP on the parts I've touched, usually I'll clean the barrel with something. Boresnakes are great for quick-cleaning. I'm liking CLP lately, because it's great for intermediate-level cleaning. GunBlast, or whatever, requires a full disassembly unless you like rust and wear. CLP takes it to the 80% level, but I don't mind doing it more often.

Every gun is different. I try to clean them appropriately.

My 10/22 gets cleaned when it doesn't work too well any more; my Weatherby gets cleaned - 95% or better - when it's been fired. A bolt action centerfire is easier to clean fully, accuracy suffers if it's dirty, and the gun's a lot more expensive to replace if I get sloppy.

trueblue1776
August 10, 2006, 06:58 PM
Any time they are exposed to moisture, any time they are shot, anytime they sit for more than two or three months, any gun. A dirty gun is unprofessional and an eventual waste of hard earned money. Something about a grungy gun makes sick, what a waste. Plus I'd like to know of any imperfections in my weapons before they let me know by removing a finger or eyeball or such.

WayneConrad
August 10, 2006, 07:02 PM
I clean the barrel pretty well, and the parts of the action that I can get to easily get wiped down and lubed with some care. All of the hard-to-get-to bits inside the gun get no attention whatsoever unless something stops working or I just get annoyed that there's an oily dust bunny rolling around amidst all the tiny springs and levers. I have to be awfully annoyed to take out the degreaser and go to town on the gun, because it's a lot of work.

Edited to add: Oh, the original question. I clean time I shoot, mostly, but deep clean rarely. I've put a rifle away and not gotten around to cleaning it for a week or two, but this is Phoenix and the usual 2% humidity makes it easy to get away with that. My sidearm, every time I shoot it, mostly. I've been known to carry it dirty for a day or a week before I get around to cleaning it, too.

Yeah, I know, I should be ashamed. But my guns don't seem to care all that much if they're a bit dirty--they don't rust, this being Phoenix, and they seem to shoot fine, clean or dirty.

shllyshny
August 10, 2006, 07:08 PM
Every time fired, no matter how many rounds, no matter what gun it is, pistol, rifle, or shotgun. You have to take care of your tools so they'll take care of you.

ETA: +100 what trueblue said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArmedBear
August 10, 2006, 07:23 PM
anytime they sit for more than two or three months

If you store them properly and use quality lube, they shouldn't need that, because you should find them as you left them. I've shot a gun that was sitting in a pistol rug for 20 years. It'd been cleaned before it was put away in the mid-'80s. It was still clean and oiled when I got it.

A gun that's just a toy, like a 10/22, doesn't get the same care from me as something I might have to rely on for my life, though. A defensive gun gets a lot more attention.:)

jman74
August 10, 2006, 11:04 PM
Depends on the weapon. My .300 mag, evey time she get run. My SKS-never. My carry piece, every time i shoot it and she gets oiled each week. My range/comp guns, whenever I get enough of them dirty to make it worth while. I've got an XD-9 approaching 3K rounds and the slide's never been removed. Just add a drop or two of oil before I shoot it. Betweem my 10/22 and 22/45 I can't even hazzard a guess how many bricks have gone down range. Combined number of cleaning is zero. My skeet O/U, even worse...

308nato
August 10, 2006, 11:06 PM
after every day at the range and if I havent used them twice a year they get inspected and if needed cleaned and lubed.Being an ex auto and aircraft
mechanic you always take good care of your tools.

mljdeckard
August 10, 2006, 11:41 PM
I am OCD. I was an assistant armorer in the army. I break in my rifle barrels by the book up to 100 rounds. I'm going to be buried with my Kimber, so I better keep it nice. Having said that,

I was thrilled to death to get an SKS, so that I can take it out, beat it up, and not have to worry about keeping it pretty. I can spray out the action with some GP cleaner, one wet brush followed by one dry patch, AND I'M DONE. Same with my 870. I have a .22 conversion kit for my Kimber, and while I am meticulous with the Kimber, I spray the parts of the .22 kit off, wipe them down, and call it good. I find myself gravitating to synthetics and parkerized finishes, rather than fine walnut and stainless. I don't care for the appearance of a gun at all. I care ONLY about how it functions.

My dad and I inherited a few guns from my grandfather, including a Model 97 16 gauge with a home sawed-off barrel, an 1917 Enfield, and an M-1 Carbine. I don't know if they had EVER been cleaned. I spent a week finding all the metal on them. But they still worked.

Bear with me: Eddie Van Halen never changes his strings. He plays them until they break. His philosophy is, failure is inevitable, so why bother before they break? BUT, Eddie has a rack of backup guitars, and a tech who will hand him new ones, and makes sure they are ready before the show. Even if Eddie doesn't care, his tech does, because he is doing the real work, and has to fix anything that breaks. The rest of us, who don't have that luxury, have to make sure they work the first time. Yes, it's life and death with your PD weapon, but it would still suck to lose big game over a gooey firing pin or a fouled bore. (Has anyone else seen a guy lose a game shot because he thought he could pull a surplus Garand out of the box, go straight to the field to hunt, and get mad when the cosmoline in the firing pin channel causes a FTF?)

The only piece of advice I ever read in the magazines that had me scratching my head, was one editor who shoots, strips, cleans thoroughly, reassembles, and shoots one magazine of his favorite PD loads to make sure everything functions correctly. (?!) I just was thinking, "Why clean it if you are going to strap it back on dirty again?" Every gun has a failure rate. Just because you haven't found it yet doesn't mean it isn't there. If your PD pistol should consistently fire 200 rounds of your PD load without failure, why start the counter ticking before you even put it on? The whole idea is to do everything you can to minimize Murphy factor. When in doubt, keep it clean.

solareclipse
August 11, 2006, 01:21 AM
500-1000

i wipe the outside after hadnling/shooting but i don't actually clean it unless it needs it.

45Guy
August 11, 2006, 01:34 AM
I picked 200-500, but it depends on the weapon. AR gets cleaned every time; 870's depend, but usually every time; .22 gets cleaned almost every time or every other, but very rarely gets a deep clean because it's a Marlin Model 60 and the recoil spring is a BEAST to get back in afterwards. I usually bend a recoil spring every other time I break it down.:fire:

Nitram68
August 11, 2006, 01:48 AM
I clean them every single time they get dirty... one round or even handling them is dirty to me. Should I show a family member something in the safe, it gets a wiping with a gun/reel cloth before going back in. Additionally, every arm gets a bore snake and wiping about every 4 months and deep clean (tear down), regardless. I don't need to know if they can handle being dirty and still function (as if they were in a war or something) as I buy quality the first time and already know through others experience they'll work dirty if need be. It's just the way I treat my property... my house, cars, bikes are the same way, clean after use before putting away.

ETA: Well, the car can go 2 weeks dirty over the winter before getting a wash:>

Redneck with a 40
August 11, 2006, 02:14 AM
I do a simple action and bore cleaning after every range session. When I get to 200 rounds, I do field strip and clean the gun completely, then lube.

ArmedBear
August 11, 2006, 02:47 AM
I hate waste. I don't want to see any of my stuff get ruined out of my short-sightedness or laziness.

However, I don't care to be owned by my stuff. I own my stuff; it doesn't own me.

Guns don't have to be deep-cleaned every time I shoot them. If I do it, it's because I want to. I have caused rust with sweat, though, so I oil-wipe whatever I handle significantly.

Either way, I'll clean 'em if that's what's required to keep them in good condition, but not otherwise. Some oil and a boresnake isn't "cleaning."

skeeter1
August 11, 2006, 02:59 AM
My dad taught me to clean my guns after every use. Perhaps because of that instruction, I've got a couple of guns in the 30-40+ Y/O category that I'd say are still near 100%. The oldest one (1962 High Standard DM-101 derringer) went to the range a couple of months ago. She still works like new, and looks like it, too.

Taurus 66
August 11, 2006, 03:10 AM
Any time they are exposed to moisture, any time they are shot, anytime they sit for more than two or three months, any gun.

Now are you talking about cleaning a gun that has been unused for a period of 2 or 3 months or every time the humidity rises or when the air gets too damp and dreary, overcast and rainy? I would believe chemists over the many years have developed solvents and oils that can sit unattended for the long duration. Guns and everything associated with these instruments are tough stuff and can endure a good share of abuse/neglect. This is not stale graham crackers we're talking about.

swingset
August 11, 2006, 04:57 AM
I clean them when they need it, never before.

LadySmith
August 11, 2006, 05:18 AM
I clean them after each trip to the range.
I know how a clean gun will shoot. I don't want to have to guess how a dirty one will perform.

Molon Labe
August 11, 2006, 10:24 AM
I am anal about keeping my guns clean.

After every session, whether 1 or 1000 shots were fired, I thoroughly clean the gun. This includes removing every last atom of copper from the barrel.

Call me obsessive. But I hate to pick up a dirty gun.

Xigris
August 11, 2006, 01:25 PM
I always field-strip and clean at the range (with Gun Scrubber spray, old toothbrush, patches & bore brush, then follow up with Snake Oil) at the end of each shooting session. Especially when shooting pistols & revolvers. I tend to clean shotguns & centerfire rifles every time I shoot them. Sometimes I'll shoot rimfire rifles multiple times before cleaning them. When I do clean guns at the range, I double check them under a good light when I get home to see if I missed anything. Guns in my collection that I seldom or never shoot get a good going over every six to nine months.

JohnBT
August 11, 2006, 03:45 PM
Deep clean? You mean like take it completely apart?

Almost never.

I finally stripped the lower on my Kimber Stainless Gold Match after 5,000 rounds. Every 1,000 or so I'd take the grips off and hose it out with Gunscrubber and spritz it with Sheath, but deep clean? Nah. It probably would have gone 10k, even with the cheap range ammo I was shooting.

My '85 Ruger Police-Service Six wasn't fully disassembled for 17 or 18 years. After about ten years or so I filled it full of CLP for a few days and blew it out with compressed air. The only reason I took it apart was to put a spring kit in it - - - - and it made the trigger pull heavier. Go figure.

My '72 Single-Six has never been detail stripped. It's never been rained on either.

Q-tips, patches, dental picks and Gunscrubber will get most of the grime out of the guts.

OTOH, my duck guns get detail stripped after every trip. Saltwater is corrosive.

John

Mark-P14
August 11, 2006, 11:13 PM
I used to clean my guns after every trip to the range. I found that I was spending as much time cleaning as shooting. I would also limit the number of guns I would shoot since I didn't want to have to clean them all when I came home. The last few years I have simply cleaned them every 800 rounds or so. I do keep careful records of my range sessions, round count, cleaning, repairs, and spring replacement, so I know exactly where I stand with each gun. I honestly have not noticed a difference in performance compared to when I cleaned them after each range session. Of course, if a hunting gun is in the rain or a match gun is out in sandy conditions they get a full cleaning. In addition my defense gun is kept perfectly clean. I think people should look at gun cleaning in a reasonable manner. Keep your defense guns clean all of the time for an extra measure of performance. Your "fun guns" can manage without constant attention. With modern firearms and ammo guns will be fine as long as you wipe down the outside and keep them from getting wet.

springmom
August 11, 2006, 11:24 PM
If it gets dirty, which it does when it is shot, then it gets cleaned.

Springmom

10-Ring
August 11, 2006, 11:52 PM
Every time I shoot my guns, I shoot at least 100 rounds through each & I clean after each range session...so I answer (A) & (C) :D

ronto
August 11, 2006, 11:54 PM
Depends....my little 22LR semiauto I use for plinking = when it starts screwing-up...my primary home defense and CCW weapons = after each use...my old 12 Guage pump = when I have nothing else to do and I want to feel I accomplished something that day.

UnintendedConsequences
August 12, 2006, 08:29 AM
I fully detail strip a brand new firearm to remove any excess packing preservative (grease, oil, etc.) and to examine the interal works. I do the same with any used firearm though I also add a detailed examination of all parts to make sure it is safe to fire.

I am OCD about safe firearms being a gunsmith and it really bothers me that some of my customers will shoot their firearms for years, perhaps a couple decades, without cleaning or any other basic maintenance. I have had hunting rifles of all action types come in with barrels that looked like a smoothbore shotgun barrel because they hadn't been cleaned for so long that the lands filled up. I have had others where the entire action and trigger assembly was stuffed full of gunk that it took several hours to fully clean the internals.

What I do know for certain is, I can go over 2,000 rounds of the cheapest, dirtiest .22 Long Rifle ammunition in my Marlin Model 60 and it still fires, though the accuracy is rather poor by then. However, as I generally shoot higher quality ammunition out of all my firearms I know that I can shoot quite a bit before most of them, generally mil-surp arms, have to be cleaned for actual functional reasons. I clean the barrels of my arms for accuracy reasons right before hunting season and fire one fouling shot before going afield.

Unless I am shooting hundreds of rounds in a session,I don't detail clean my collection, but I do check on their condition on a regular basis and I control the humidity in my homestead to reduce damage from that route. With self-defense arms I function check and spot check them on a monthly basis if I haven't used them for awhile.

I use common sense when it comes to cleaning, not too much and not too little. My standard is to remove or empty the magazine, quadruple check the chamber and remove the bolt (if bolt action), leave the action open and look down the bore to see what its condition looks like. Unless it is a precision or target rifle I don't worry about barrel fouling excessively. but if it looks like it needs a little TLC, it gets it.

dfaugh
August 12, 2006, 09:04 AM
I do a basic clean and lube after I shot 'em.

But, I now have 3 that have over 5000 rounds through them (and 2 of those were acquired used), and have never been dissasembled for "Deep Cleaning. Trying to decide whether to just do it, of do a "torture test" and see how long they'll go before they malfunction. (One is my Marlin Model 60, which is scary accurate for an inexpensive gun. I'm kinda afraid to strip it down for fear it won't shot as well after I put it back together!)

xiphur
August 12, 2006, 03:58 PM
I clean my beretta 92FS every time I shoot it. I clean my 10/22 every 1000 rounds or so. I field strip my beretta and clean the barrel, the chamber, the nooks and crannies on the frame, oil all moving parts and metal-metal surfaces. I'd like to clean the the area where the firing pin rests but i dont know how nor do i have the tools to take it apart. Also, there is some crud built up at the front of the barrel in he grooves that i cant get rid of. I soaked it with hoppe's #9 for a day and scrubbed it with a brass brush and it still wont come off.:banghead: Also Do i need to detail strip my beretta and "deep clean" clean it? I'm scared that I'd probably screw something up or loose a spring if i do.

mljdeckard
August 14, 2006, 02:15 AM
As an armorer in Germany, that was the single biggest problem I had with Berettas, was soldiers taking the grips off, playing with the springs, and then putting them back in wrong, the DA was messed up, and I would have to hand them over to support level maintenence to straighten them out.

dragongoddess
August 14, 2006, 10:18 AM
You know I hated cleaning weapons when I was in the military. Just hated it. Yet now with my own weapons I clean them after every use. I found that the cleaning just extends the pleasure I experience after a day at the range. Its weird but my blood pressure drops when I'm cleaning my weapons. Its just so darn theraputic and relaxing.

Trip20
August 14, 2006, 10:37 AM
I clean after every shooting session. Sometimes I skip a bit with the .22lr rifles, but even they at least get wiped down inside with some Hoppes #9 where ever I can reach without disassembly.

One advantage to cleaning after every session, is that the job never becomes a project. If I didn't clean a particular firearm until it had 500-1000rnds through it, that would be a chore -- there's a lot of crud built up in that sucker.

Besides, there's nothing better than cleaning your guns while watching a hunting show or some such thing.

gbell
August 14, 2006, 10:59 AM
As others have said it depends on the type. Shotguns get a light cleaning everytime i shoot and a deep cleanig before and after the hunting season. Rifles oiled after every trip hunting and cleaned after every range session. handguns- glocks well every know and then :rolleyes: others cleaned after most sessions. Guns i do not fire on a regular basis get oiled every month or two depending on need.

ddj8052
August 15, 2006, 12:45 AM
Every time my guns get shot they get cleaned. It drives me nuts if I cannot get to them imediatley after a trip to the range. The only exception to that rule is my 10/22. It sometimes, every once in a while will be cleaned.

OpFlash
August 15, 2006, 09:29 PM
I voted #1 (every time) because that is the closest to the truth but in actuality I may let a gun sit for a few days or a week before I clean it. I usually take several guns to the range when I go (3 pistols and 3 rifles, for example) and cleaning them all the night I get back is not typically feasible. Modern non-corrosive ammo is not going to hurt your guns if you let them sit dirty a little while. Also I don't clean my rimfires every time, they shoot better if you don't.

10-Ring
August 15, 2006, 10:01 PM
I field strip & clean my guns after very shooting session. I detail strip my guns after every 1000 rounds or so.

Zach S
August 15, 2006, 10:22 PM
For my 5" 1911s:

Lube every range session.

Boresnake every so often.

Pull slide off, wipe down, reassemble, every 750 to 1000 rounds.

Detail strip, clean, and inspect every 1500 to 2000 rounds, and I go ahead and replace recoil spring while everything is apart.

For my one parkerized 1911, I wipe down the exterior weekly or so. Otherwise same as above.

For my 9mm AR15:

Lube ever now and then. Boresnake every now and then. I dont think its been cleaned but once or twice, and it has several thousand rounds through it.

Thompsons:

Boresnake and lube every now and then. Cleaned almost never. Wiped down with lube almost weekly, my stuff tends to rust easy here. Must be where I live next to the river...

Mossberg:

Wiped down and boresnaked with my thompsons. I dont think I've ever actually "cleaned" it.

I dont reccomend my cleaning habits. But everything I own goes bang everytime.

Dave R
August 15, 2006, 10:27 PM
Simlar to Zach, but with a variation.

I use a boresnake, and wipe the action out, every time I shoot.

Then, after 100-500 rounds, depending on how much I have shot, I do a field strip and clean more thoroughly.

But if I've put 20 rounds through something, I see no need to strip & clean.

gp911
August 15, 2006, 11:24 PM
I'm the guy whose truck gets a bath once a year whether it needs it or not.

My guns get a good cleaning every 500-1000 rounds aside from the milsurps which get the bores and actions cleaned after every outing. If that 500-1000 rounds takes a year, so be it. My revolver is stainless, my AR has a chrome bore, and my NEF .410 isn't exactly a precision instrument. The ex-Dragoon and M44 get the residue cleaned out since they only get fed surplus ammo, but I left the original patina rather than refinish them to better-than-new condition like so many other guys do.

Guns are tools, so I treat them as such. I sleep just fine at night despite my guns not being show quality all the time.

gp911

Flyboy
August 16, 2006, 12:59 AM
My cleaning schedule is approximately "when I bloody well feel like it." I clean my 1911's after IPSC matches, because I drop the mags in the dust, and occasionally after range sessions. I figure I'm more likely to have a failure due to my own misassembly than due to a dirty gun, and given that my 1911's are my carry guns, I'm more interested in reliability than anything else.

the .22's get cleaned...when I feel like it. I'm more likely to clean a bolt-action rifle than a single-action revolver, for obvious reasons. The .30-30 gets cleaned as necessary. Shogtuns? A quick boresnake at best; I don't think I've ever taken the side plate off of an 870.

The only exception to the rule is the muzzleloader. I shoot real black powder--not Pyrodex--and it gets cleaned as soon as I get home, for obvious reasons. Anything else can wait until I'm in the mood. For some guns, that's sooner than with others.

FTF
August 16, 2006, 01:11 AM
I clean all of my guns after I shoot them... usually the next night. Nothing past field stripping. Just a bunch of CLP, scrubbing, swabbing and lubing. It doesn't take too long really.. just watch the tube and clean away. I don't have any "safe queens", all mine are shot regularly... cept for the .25 Lorcin I got in a trade that I'm afraid to shoot at all.. :uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "how often do you deep clean your?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!