CZ Duo 6.35mm made in Chech

PDA

johnbarth
August 11, 2006, 10:55 AM
I have one of these in real nice shape but need assistance in getting it back together. I was fooling around with it and took it appart but can't figure out how to reaasemble it without a manual. Please help. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ Duo 6.35mm made in Chech" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
August 13, 2006, 03:01 PM
If you only "fooled" around enough to field strip it, reassembly is easy. If you detail stripped it, taking out every pin and piece, good luck!

For reassembly after field stripping:

Remove the magazine if not already out.

Unlike most .25 autos of that type, the barrel does not come out to the front of the slide. It has to be raised at the rear and pulled out that way, so put it into the slide from the middle, muzzle first, and lugs upward and to the back. Push it forward so it goes into the hole in the front of the slide and then push it until it drops into the slide.

Now with the barrel protruding about 3/8 inch from the slide, turn it clockwise (as seen from the front) until the lugs go into a cut in the slide made for them.

Look in the back of the slide for the firing pin hole. Insert the firing pin, point first, into the hole, followed by the spring and guide, big end to the rear.

Insert the recoil spring and guide into the frame, big end of the guide first, open end of the spring to the front.

Then put the slide on to the frame, guiding the recoil spring into the tunnel in the slide. Pull the slide back until the safety lug goes up into the notch in the slide.

Turn the barrel counter clockwise to engage the lugs with the frame lugs.

Release the safety lug from the slide, letting the slide go forward.

Jim

johnbarth
August 14, 2006, 04:02 PM
Thanks so much for the reassembly instructions. Fortunately for me it is only partially field stripped and I'm now confident that I can get it back together. You are a life saver.

johnbarth
August 23, 2006, 09:28 AM
My Duo is now back together and working great. It appears to have been made after the Nazi occupation and has the following marks on it:

CZ Aut. Pistole "DUO" r. 6.35mm
Made IN Czechoslovakia

There is also a little crown looking mark with the number 48 just below it.

The serial number is 165562. Nice little pistol in great shape. It is for sale;)

jondar
August 23, 2006, 11:56 AM
I've never seen a DUO that I know of. What is the difference between a DUO and a CZ 45?

johnbarth
August 23, 2006, 12:16 PM
I believe the CZ 45 is the current version of the CZ Duo. Both are .25 auto but the 45 has a much more modern appearance. Try this link for pictures http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/3000/3008.htm

BEARMAN
August 23, 2006, 03:09 PM
Actually the DUO is a single action .25 auto similar to the early Browning .25. The CZ 45 is a .25 acp Double action only. It is no longer made but a very similar model with a new Model Number is on the CZ website. A very cool website for checking out various guns is www.triplek.com/Pages/Magazines/index.cfm/gun_magazine_manf/A It is a site that sells magazines, I don't know the quality but their website helps in the ID ing of obsolete firearms.

jondar
August 23, 2006, 06:34 PM
Yes, that's a good site, the magazines are a little pricey but I guess you get what you pay for. The security arms site is too with those exploded drawings. I have a CZ45 but never realized the Czechs made a single action .25. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ Duo 6.35mm made in Chech" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!