Rifle Scope (pecar) German

PDA

w296
May 6, 2003, 10:21 PM
It's not a firearm, but thought this might be the best place to ask.

Does anyone have any information on this scope? It's a 3-7 variable,older steel tube.The only information on the scope is PICAR--BERLIN--GERMANY. It seems to be very well made. I have searched some on the web and unable to find any information.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rifle Scope (pecar) German" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BADSBSNF81
May 7, 2003, 02:34 AM
Are you sure it says PICAR and not PECAR? If its PECAR, I think you have the Pecar V-IS 3-7x Vari-Power made from 1959-61. They were made in Germany by Koehler, imported and labeled Pecar. They featured an interchangeable reticle system. Field of View: 43 ft at 100yds. Eye relief: @ 3 inches. About 12 inches overall with 1" tube (@26mm). Weight @ 13 oz. Value in the 200-400 range. Extra reticles are worth about 20.

w296
May 7, 2003, 09:39 PM
You were correct, It is a Pecar. I miss read it.
Thank you for the information

The Equaliser
November 9, 2007, 05:48 AM
I have a Pecar 4-10 power on both my rifles the optics are as good if not better than Zeiss

If you enjoyed reading about "Rifle Scope (pecar) German" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!