Smith & Wesson Radio Commercial!

PDA

distra
August 11, 2006, 06:14 PM
I just heard a Smith & Wesson radio commercial. Can you believe that? I thought gun commercials were like cigarette commercials...banned :rolleyes: The annoucer plugged all the safety features, i.e. internal locks, trigger lock with all firearms, external safeties, etc. Just an interesting commmercial you don't hear everyday. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith & Wesson Radio Commercial!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HCfan
August 11, 2006, 07:30 PM
No, it's not illegal.

As a matter of fact, when cigg. commercials were taken off, it wasn't due to any laws but a deal the companies made with the government. The liquer people did the same.

The hard liquer folks also decided to blow off the deal and they are starting to do commericals now also.

limbaughfan
August 11, 2006, 07:39 PM
not to highjack the thread but are cigarette commercials illegal,ive heard cigar commercials during The Cigar Dave Show.

MachIVshooter
August 11, 2006, 10:43 PM
As a matter of fact, when cigg. commercials were taken off, it wasn't due to any laws but a deal the companies made with the government. The liquer people did the same.

Wrong. Tobacco product cannot be advertised on radio or television per federal law. Alcohol is perfectly legal to advertise both ways and is, nationwide.

Firearms are not prohibited from any type of advertisement, but radio and television have yeilded poor results. However, many gun stores do advertise on radio.

Good for S&W. Now if they'd just loose the damn ILS's...........

JohnKSa
August 11, 2006, 11:44 PM
I hope you patronise that station's advertisers and tell them where you heard the advertisements.

cbsbyte
August 12, 2006, 02:53 AM
I never heard a gun commerical on the radio or TV any where in my. And, I live about thirty miles from the S&W factory. I have seen print ads in outdoor (non firearm) magazines and some major international newspapers like the Wall Street Journal.

Outlaws
August 12, 2006, 04:02 AM
The only gun related commercial I have ever hear is on the radio for Crossroads of the West gun shows.

distra
August 12, 2006, 07:30 AM
I hope you patronise that station's advertisers and tell them where you heard the advertisements.

Absolutely!

And, I live about thirty miles from the S&W factory.

I'm down here in CT ~50miles or so, first time I've heard anything like it. The commercial was on Rock 102 out of Springfield MA during a Patriots Sports show last evening.

trickyasafox
August 12, 2006, 09:51 AM
the only time i see tv ads for guns is on OLN and the Outdoor Network. sprinfield armory needs a new marketing dept, as i can only watch that commericial where the shots are fired to that drum beat so many times......

springer
crimson trace
tc
pretty much those three commercials over and over during shooting gallery and american shooter and guns and ammo tv

JohnKSa
August 12, 2006, 07:26 PM
I can recall hearing a commercial for a gun STORE* on the radio, but never a commercial for a particular maker or particular firearm.

Chuck Dye
August 12, 2006, 08:18 PM
Listen to Tom Gresham’s GunTalk (http://www.guntalk.com), whether via standard over-the-air, on Sirius or XM, or streamed by such as www.kbnp.com, and you will hear ads from several manufacturers. :D

Creeping Incrementalism
August 12, 2006, 10:36 PM
I saw a Benelli ad on the Discovery Channel once, advertising their pump actions.

There's a local gunstore that advertises all the time on local TV.

GW
August 12, 2006, 11:23 PM
There's a local gunstore that advertises all the time on local TV.

Who is that?
What channel?
I live in the bay area and I've missed these ads

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith & Wesson Radio Commercial!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!