new job, new guns!

PDA

Hemicuda
August 12, 2006, 12:03 AM
I started a new job a month ago... with alot better pay... I finally get my paycheck, and went on a buying spree...

I bought a Savage stainless bull barrel bolt action .17 HMR, accu-trigger, thumbhole ventilated laminate stock, and a BSA Sweet .17 3-12x40 scope... $500 out thedoor, 2 extra magazines and scope rings for free...

then on the way home from THAT gunshop, I stopped at another... they had a USA Shooting Team Ruger 10-22 "Ruger Race Gun"... red/white/blue laminate thumbhole "barracuda" stock... (Dad really wanted one) for $450... I called dad, and he wanted it... SO,

I got Dad's 10-22 target gun for what he paid for it... $400.00...

Volquarsten stainless bull barrel, Volquarsten cantilever scope mount, Volquarsten trigger group (adjustable), Leupold Vari-X II 3-9x40 scope, Millett rings, and Hogue Overmolded stock...

just what one should do with a brand-new job... spend 50% of ones first check on guns, eh? (or am i really crazy for real?)

If you enjoyed reading about "new job, new guns!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Outlaws
August 12, 2006, 12:06 AM
I am going to go one further......the second I get my new job in 2 months I am buying a WW2 Garand and a 1903.

MDMadrid
August 12, 2006, 12:25 AM
I take it you don't have a family at home!?!

Hemicuda
August 12, 2006, 12:40 AM
36 year old single male, home and all vehicles paid for... since you mention it... (got a steady GF of about 15 years, but no kids of my own), so, yes, my income is indeed mine to keep... (or spend) as I see fit...

this would explain the walk-in closet full of guns, 3 pickup trucks, a Jeep, a motorcycle, and 4 or 5 cars...

being single does have it's benefits!

candr44
August 12, 2006, 09:05 AM
I just started a new job also but the first thing I bought was a new solar hot water heater and pump for my house. After that I bought a VZ 58 parts kit and reciever.

My house and cars are also paid for so I have some money to spend as I want.

If you enjoyed reading about "new job, new guns!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!