Got a new gun this weekend

PDA

BIGDADDYLONGSTROKE
August 12, 2006, 02:02 PM
Well I just wanted to ask all you folks here what ya think. My inlaws were in town this weekend ( and if you read my other thread ) I did do something besides show them I dont know how to drive the speed limit. Anyhow I traded my father inlaw handguns this weekend. The deal was this, I gave him my Springfield XD 9mm with 3 15 round mags and about a thousand rounds (plinkin ammo), for his Colt Gov't Commander with 2 7 round mags and about a thousand rounds of .45 ammo angain plinking rounds to go along with my Springfield XD .45. The Colt was a little dirty but after I took it apart cleaned it real well and put a little oil on it, I was able to put 200 rounds of 230 Grain JHP through it with a flawless expereince Weapon never jammed was very acurate. The Colt has no rust or even scratches for that matter on it. SO what do yall here at THR think. Did I get ripped?:)

Also got a new camera will post pics later when I get home.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got a new gun this weekend" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
zoom6zoom
August 12, 2006, 02:11 PM
Did I get ripped?

I think HE did. At least IMHO.

Biker
August 12, 2006, 02:12 PM
In my opinion, ya did good.

Biker:)

Steelharp
August 12, 2006, 02:23 PM
How dare you take advantage of the elderly like that! I'd be ashamed!

(Uh... what's his number? I'd like to see if I could do that good with him on something...) :neener: :D

BIGDADDYLONGSTROKE
August 12, 2006, 02:31 PM
Good to know, and when I get home work i will post some pics about, be about 8pm Washington time.:)

Josh Aston
August 12, 2006, 02:40 PM
I made a similar trade not too long ago. An XD45 for a Kimber Pro Carry Series 1. The XD was a decent gun, but that's all it was. The Kimber speaks to me. So I'm gonna have to say you ripped him off.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got a new gun this weekend" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!