Can someone explain form 4 with automatic weapons?

PDA

69Chevy
August 12, 2006, 06:20 PM
I was on gun broker just look at things and under Class III MGs, they have some new ones scattered in there that can't be sold to the general public. I am under the impression that if you are a licensed dealer that you can buy one if you have a 'demo letter'. Now what is this demo letter they talk about? And can anyone go through the process of becoming a dealer and buying these new guns?

I am not looking to do this, just curious about the laws surronding this. Hopefully one day I will be in a position to afford to drop $20k on a legal full auto, but it isn't going to be anytime soon.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can someone explain form 4 with automatic weapons?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Josh Aston
August 12, 2006, 07:02 PM
Any MGs made after 1986 are LE/Military only. Dealers can buy them if they have a letter from the Military or a local LE agency stating that they are buying them for the purpose of Demo'ing them for that agency. And anyone that has a clean record and wants to shell out the money can get the license.

69Chevy
August 12, 2006, 07:06 PM
Suppose they get that letter, demo them, and then don't purchase them. Does the weapon just stay with the dealer until they are sold, or do they have to give them back to the manufacturer? And would it be okay for the dealer to "test fire" the weapons?

Cacique500
August 12, 2006, 07:19 PM
Everything you ever wanted to know about Title II...

http://www.titleii.com/

Read the 'Bardwell NFA Law' section on top.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can someone explain form 4 with automatic weapons?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!