Looking for Sig Sauer P220 CCW Holster suggestions

PDA

Erebus
August 13, 2006, 11:11 PM
I prefer leather and OWB. I am looking at Don Hume H722 HWD but don't know if I will like the high ride with a gun that size. Anyone carrying a 220 with a high riding holster?

http://www.donhume.com/Products/ProductsPage.cfm?ProductID=47&SelectedWeapon=Sig+Sauer+220&SelectedChartNumber=30-4+1%2F4

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for Sig Sauer P220 CCW Holster suggestions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RustyShackelford
August 13, 2006, 11:18 PM
I'd also check out; www.miltsparks.com www.blackhawk.com Kramer gunleather www.mitchrosen.com . :cool:

These are well known gun leather craftsmen who provide great CCW gear. The Milt Sparks #60TK(AKA Roadrunner rig) is a nice high ride system. Blackhawk offers some useful designs too(both leather and plastic).

Rusty

:D

psychophipps
August 13, 2006, 11:57 PM
My buddy just got himself a Galco COP belt-slide rig for his stainless SigArms 220 that he loves to pieces. He says it's comfy all day and he sometimes forgets he's carry at all.

Best part? How does $40 grab you instead of $60+?
Mark(psycho)Phipps( HAHAHA! )

MadMercS55
August 14, 2006, 01:04 AM
I generally don't prefer a holster to ride too high. My preferred rig for my P220 is a Galco Combat Master, I also use a kydex belt holster from BladeTech pending the situation. DonHume makes good stuff, I've used them for awhile as well without any issues, not the holster in question, just a few of the open top rigs and they held up very well. I also have rigs from HighNoon Holsters that are top notch as well, however I am unsure of the model names right now. If you like a high ride, they have a model called the Sky High or something like that.

Erebus
August 14, 2006, 10:00 AM
High riding with a gun that long/large puts it pretty high under my arm. I didn't phrase what info I was looking for very well. I bought a holster with it but the height it rides at I don't like. Maybe I will get used to it, I don't know. Was more looking for other's experience with the 220 and if they prefer it high or not. I don't want it visible if I reach over my head so that is why I went with a high riding holster. After wearing it for a while I think I can get one that is a little lower and not have it be seen easily.

psychophipps, how does your friend feel carrying the stainless weight wise? I went with the black over the stainless due to the weight difference. After handling both I though the stainless would be too heavy a carry weapon. I definately though the stainless was better looking and the weight would be a plus at the range.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for Sig Sauer P220 CCW Holster suggestions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!