Sig vs Jennings : No comparison

PDA

todd-45
August 14, 2006, 06:44 AM
I'm glad I own a real gun. My brother-in-law and I shot yesterday. I shot my 229 9mm and he shot his Jennings Nine. Not one malfunction did I have but he could not empty a mag without stovepiping or FTF. His loaded chamber indicator sometimes popped out and sometimes not. He blamed his FTF's on the particular round in the chamber. I then loaded them and they fired in my 229. That's the only handgun he ownes and I suppose he relies on it for HD. Not me!! I told him to go buy a real gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig vs Jennings : No comparison" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BryanP
August 14, 2006, 07:21 AM
You're comparing a Lexus to a Yugo here, so I doubt you'll get much of an argument.

However, there are compromises in between. He can get a perfectly serviceable Honda / Chevy. ;) I love my SIG, but they're not the most economical choice around.

If money is a serious issue he could pick up a big ugly Hi Point. Inexpensive, ugly as sin, but they go bang every time.

Stepping up from there (and sticking with 9mm) he could go for a Springfield XD9. I've heard good things about the new S&W M&P as well. A nice Ruger P-series such as a P89 or P95 would serve him well.

ugaarguy
August 14, 2006, 07:29 AM
Todd help your brother-in-law out. A S&W M&P/Model 10 can be found for about $200. A used Ruger P-series isn't much more. Heck, www.kyimports.com has NIB P95s for $300 blued, $330 stainless. Does he have a shotgun? The Academy sports ad is showing the Remington 870 Express for $208 after $30 mail in rebate. This guy is responsible for the safety of YOUR SISTER (and YOUR NIECES & NEPHEWS if they have kids). Help him out, you gotta take care of your own.

timothy75
August 14, 2006, 07:45 AM
Yeah be nice he was trying to bond with you.

possum
August 14, 2006, 07:46 AM
Don't let him use that thing for one more day get rid of it and get him a piece that he can square away the homefront in case he ever needs to. He needs something that he can rely on to defend himself and your sister, I know her life means more to you than a cheap handgun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig vs Jennings : No comparison" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!