Are there still cheap Argentine Colt Sistemas out there?

PDA

Lone_Gunman
August 14, 2006, 11:07 PM
Have any been recently imported?

Does anyone still have a good supply of these?

I know you can still find them from time to time, but I am wondering if any distributors or online firearms dealers still have any?

If you enjoyed reading about "Are there still cheap Argentine Colt Sistemas out there?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jonnyc
August 15, 2006, 12:22 AM
Lipsey just imported 1000 or so. Search on most gun forums and you'll find some discussion. They weren't expensive, but most seem to have arrived in really ratty condition. You should start seeing them at shows and shops. Don't expect much to look at, but some have said the internals are OK.

Niner
August 15, 2006, 12:37 AM
I got two from Lipsey. I sent one back and the Fedex cost was just over $30. One of the two functioned as expected with not much finish and totally worn hand grips. I kept it. The other, one grip wouldn't fasten to the frame and the grip safety wouldn't work.

At $298 plus $8.25 shipping each, no bargain at all.

Lipsey, I think, expected them to be much better when they took orders. They did refund money to many of us, including some of the shipping.

joab
August 15, 2006, 12:47 AM
They weren't expensive, but most seem to have arrived in really ratty condition.I can only comment on my three

They were ,as advertised, NRA good condition.

Most were stripped and or polished in what appeared to be a massive rebluing effort.
All of mine functioned flawlessly except for on FTF where the trigger did not reset
The sights seemed to be slightly off center on two, but that was off hand duelist stance.

Lipsey's may still have some available and may have even lowered the price a bit.
If they don't then that should speak for the quality of the guns

el44vaquero
August 15, 2006, 01:06 AM
How do you get a hold of them to place an order for one? Never heard of Lipsey. PM me with info please.

MatthewVanitas
August 15, 2006, 02:30 AM
I checked Lipsey's webpage, but couldn't find info on the Sistemas.

Do you have to be a dealer to call them up and talk to them, or can you just call and say "I'll take one of those, here's my CC#, my local FFL will fax the slip later today"?

Please post any info IRT dealing with Lipsey.

-MV

joab
August 15, 2006, 07:38 AM
They don't list them. It was their one time foray into the C&R market..

Yes you have to be a dealer but they will work with 03s on this one
Contact Jennie Reine, she was very helpful with the process of signing up

reine@lipseys.com

tegemu
August 15, 2006, 09:59 AM
If you go to the Florida Shooters Network www.floridashootersnetwork.com , there is a thread about a large shipment of Argentine COLT 1911's coming in. They will be on sale for $350.00 and are expected to be in very good condition when they come in. They are supposed to have been refurbed before shipment to the US. You can put your name on the list to get one or more whenever they clear the bond room in Miami. The thread is titled "STICKY: WTS incoming now......."

jonnyc
August 15, 2006, 10:09 AM
If you look at the dates on the FL posts, you'll see it was at the same time the Lipsey guns were on the way. My guess is it's the same guns.

Mad Magyar
August 15, 2006, 12:02 PM
I usually find them at larger Gun shows....Recently, this one vendor had at least 6 including a few Ballester Molinas. All had been rebuilt, he said from some firm in Fla; and looked awful with mismatched parts and he wanted a small fortune for them...One Sistema looked & felt pretty decent; but when he low-balled my partial trade-in; I knew this deal wasn't for me...:eek:
Both of my Sistema's were purchased from $225 to $300; one at a Pawn Shop, the other at a Gun Show a few years back. The satin-chrome was done to one since I didn't like the 60% finish.
http://i8.tinypic.com/24oa5uf.jpg

el44vaquero
August 15, 2006, 04:39 PM
Here's what I got back in an email about the Colts from Lipsey.

We do not have any more for sale. I am sorry to say that we will not be getting any more in.

Thank You,
Jennie Reine
Sr. Sales Rep.
800-666-1333
Fax: 225-755-3333
P.O. Box 83280
Baton Rouge, LA 70884

joab
August 15, 2006, 06:56 PM
If you look at the dates on the FL posts, you'll see it was at the same time the Lipsey guns were on the way. My guess is it's the same guns.No, the Lipseys weren't marked Colt.
And these guns are $500 per single unit. $350 is for lots of 100 guns, and they still haven't come in

The Lipsey Sistema must have found good homes, I thought sure that with all the bellyaching there would be some left

PWRDbyTRD
August 15, 2006, 06:59 PM
Coal Creek Armory in Knoxville, TN has them. 865-966-4545

tegemu
August 16, 2006, 03:01 PM
Joab, in the post that very subject came up and it is believed that these COLTS, not Sistema's, are not in the same condition as the previously acqured pistols. The folks doing the acquisition, who have an exemplary reputation, assure us that if the guns are in poor condition, they will not buy them.

joab
August 16, 2006, 06:11 PM
Yes I believe that you are correct

My post was directed at the question of whether these might be the Lipsey guns or not.
Based on the markings and the price, and they statement that they are supposed to be refurbs, plus the fact that they are not even in yet I concluded that they could not be the Lipseys

For the record
I think that the guns that you referenced are a good deal, if the group buy goes through they are a great deal.

I'm thinking about it, but I haven't had time to read all the posts to see how they plan to facilitate the buy.

And thanks for the link

joab
August 16, 2006, 06:17 PM
It appears that I may have ,missed out
I can't find the thread now

Nope found it

My wife hates you tegemu

mfree
November 16, 2006, 09:17 AM
Still one at CCA, 865-966-4545, or at least there was tuesday.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are there still cheap Argentine Colt Sistemas out there?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!