slowness... lag

PDA

Frohickey
May 7, 2003, 04:19 PM
Anyone else notice a slowness to THR recently?

If you enjoyed reading about "slowness... lag" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jhisaac1
May 7, 2003, 04:25 PM
Yep. I had attributed it to increased network traffic or problems due to Tornado's and such. Assuming THR is hosted somewhere close to Oleg.

jhisaac1

NJ3
May 7, 2003, 05:27 PM
I've been getting "The operation timed out when attempting to contact www.thehighroad.org" message. I hope it gets better soon.

Sisco
May 7, 2003, 06:03 PM
And I thought it was just me!:D

SADshooter
May 7, 2003, 06:12 PM
I had three time outs responding to this thread. :(

Standing Wolf
May 7, 2003, 10:14 PM
This site has been stuck in extreme slow motion since last week end. Is it on a Democratic (sic) party server?

Phyphor
May 7, 2003, 11:13 PM
Democratic party server indeed....

:fire:

Bowlcut
May 8, 2003, 12:01 AM
ever worndered where a server was located????

http://www.visualware.com/visualroute/livedemo.html

go here fun little program. click the map after its done to zoom in.

but yea been slow all day. if i had to guess....lots of load on the server. maybe need to restart apache or something of the sorts....

Pendragon
May 8, 2003, 12:32 AM
My theory is that we are under some kind of denial of service attack.

Phyphor
May 8, 2003, 01:05 AM
Possible, but as the server's on SDSL, it may also be the weather affecting it (DSL can be sensitive to electronic signal noise on the phone line, as I've learned the hard way,)

If it's DOS attacks, they're pretty weak & intermittant.

If the server was REALLY being hammered, we'd probably not be able to access it at all.

(see GRC.com (http://www.grc.com) to see the effects of a REAL DOS attack, )

Phyphor
May 8, 2003, 01:06 AM
"Pendragon

"

Hmmmmm........:evil: :what: :neener:

cobb
May 8, 2003, 08:31 AM
So, could maybe someone from THR respond and let us in on the secret as to why things are so slow?

Derek Zeanah
May 8, 2003, 03:54 PM
So, could maybe someone from THR respond and let us in on the secret as to why things are so slow?Nope, not until it's well defined. We're working on it (I've been offline most of the week, am looking into it now) and will let you know once it's fixed...

If you enjoyed reading about "slowness... lag" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!