Vaqueros on local radio

PDA

oweno
August 16, 2006, 02:11 PM
There's a local morning radio show where people call in with stuff for sale. I happen to be in central Florida checking out one of these shows on 790 AM (Orlando? Ocala?) and some guy called in with the following:

Four Ruger Vaqueros, stainless steel, 44 mag., new in box, 2 with 7 1/2 in bbl, 2 with 5 1/2 in bbl, consecutive serial numbers.

The owner went on and on about the serial numbers, then said "I'll take $3600 for all four and NOT A PENNY LESS."

The interesting thing is that the station is fine with people selling firearms over the show. Cool, that. Most I've listened to put firearms on the not-allowed list.

If you enjoyed reading about "Vaqueros on local radio" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Father Knows Best
August 16, 2006, 02:17 PM
Um, $900 each for Vaqueros? That's more than a bit high, even for stainless 44 mags with consecutive numbers.

Gary A
August 16, 2006, 02:23 PM
Yup, but an item is worth exactlywhat someone is willing to pay for it. No more, no less. The seller will find out if they are worth $3600. He says they are...to him.

If you enjoyed reading about "Vaqueros on local radio" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!