Reasonable Maryland FFL?

PDA

DirtyBrad
August 17, 2006, 03:23 AM
I just bought an AR stripped lower on-line and need to have it transferred to the Rockville/Silver Spring/Gaithersburg area.

I e-mailed five or six contacts from the search on Gunsamerica.com a few days ago, but haven't heard back from any of them.

Naturally, I'm not trying to pay a ton.

Also, will I be able to pick it up right away when it arrives, or is it treated more like a handgun because of its black and evil nature?

Thank you very much.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reasonable Maryland FFL?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pcf
August 17, 2006, 07:21 AM
Also, will I be able to pick it up right away when it arrives, or is it treated more like a handgun because of its black and evil nature?

A stripped AR lower falls intot he category of regulated weapons and you will have to wait on an MDSP check before taking it from an FFL.

As far as FFLs go Chris Rhines, a member on this board, can do the transfer and has pretty good prices. Shoot him a PM.

Norton
August 17, 2006, 07:45 AM
Another plug for Chris Rhines and his dad. They are right there in your area.

PM him here and if he doesn't get back to you, let me know and I'll give you his email address.

DirtyBrad
August 17, 2006, 05:03 PM
Thanks, guys. I sent Chris a message and am waiting to hear back.

Not so surprising about it being regulated. If only patience were one of my virtues.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reasonable Maryland FFL?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!