We Can All Sleep Now

PDA

HMMurdock
August 17, 2006, 06:02 PM
These guys have to be airsoft or something...

The Gunner in the background has on what looks like british DPM camo and British Jumpwings on his arm (correct me if I'm wrong), and he's apparently carrying a wounded US Marine. Our Hero has on US Woodland camo, but I must commend the goodies on his M4...

I apologize if this has been posted before, but I just HAD to share!

TRL

If you enjoyed reading about "We Can All Sleep Now" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joab
August 17, 2006, 06:05 PM
Thank you

Correia
August 17, 2006, 06:09 PM
That is awesome. :D

PvtPyle
August 17, 2006, 06:19 PM
Looks like the stay-puft marshmellow man in camo. If he showed up on the field I would laugh myself to death.

rbernie
August 17, 2006, 06:21 PM
Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!

MrTuffPaws
August 17, 2006, 06:25 PM
If that guy's face get's any chubbier it is going to pop:what:

DoubleTapDrew
August 17, 2006, 06:35 PM
Gentlemen, welcome to hell week at Jenny Craig!
:D

justashooter
August 17, 2006, 06:43 PM
"one tubby tubby, two tubby tubby, three tubby tubby..."

Grey54956
August 17, 2006, 06:43 PM
Whoa! Laugh all you want, but there is one thing that I know from years of shooting:

A fat guy with a gun is not to be trifled with.

AJ Dual
August 17, 2006, 06:44 PM
These guys have to be airsoft or something...

Gee, did the old wire spool and plywood "fortifications" give it away?

The sad thing is, since the good Airsofts are all rather exacting 1:1 replicas and will mount real accessories, the scope and that PEQ-whatever LAM are probably worth a couple of grand in themselves.

HMMurdock
August 17, 2006, 06:48 PM
You never know, these guys could be some sort of North Dakota Militia Spec Ops Team... I am just not sure if our government is prepared for the onslaught that is sure to happen when someone tells this guy the gov't MREs have candies in them... ;)

TRL

Cromlech
August 17, 2006, 07:00 PM
Yes, this is what Vladimir Blairin and his New Labourvik party has reduced us to.

steelhead
August 17, 2006, 07:18 PM
A few some catchy mottos come to mind.

"Low speed High Drag"

"Semper Baskin & Robbins"

"De Twinkies Libre"

"Those Who Eat, Grow"

and my favorite

"Weebles Wobble but they don't fall down"

HMMurdock
August 17, 2006, 07:31 PM
Hehehe. All Classics.

I guess when military recruiting quotas aren't met they'll start enlisting anyone, even if you're "Chunk" from "The Goonies"...

...Instead of a "battle cry" he does the "Truffle Shuffle"! :D

TRL

rustymaggot
August 17, 2006, 07:31 PM
ok, im the person pictured in that photo and your starting to hurt my feelings.

joab
August 17, 2006, 07:41 PM
Well, then thank you to Rusty

JesseL
August 17, 2006, 07:42 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ my twinkie!

Fosbery
August 17, 2006, 07:45 PM
I'm 90% sure I know the guy in the background.

Guy in the front looks photoshopped/prosthetic. The guy in the back (if it's who I think it is) has done photoshoots for airsoft magazines so I expect the image was mocked up and taken as a joke.

rustymaggot
August 17, 2006, 08:03 PM
ok, so i guess my joke post didnt convey my message very well. maybe plain english will work. shame on you guys for making fun of the fat guy. ever see a fat man fight? when i was a kid i was stuck in a group home and there was a fat kid there. people used to pick on him. once he challenged the whole house to knock him down. all the kids were between the ages of 15 and 18. fat kid whooped 12 of us all at once and the best we could do was knock him down onto one knee.

he might be a big target but hes got 3 or 4 inches extra flesh before bullets hit his vitals.

spooney
August 17, 2006, 08:16 PM
I am going to agree with Rusty on this one...not real high road.

History Prof
August 17, 2006, 08:16 PM
he might be a big target but hes got 3 or 4 inches extra flesh before bullets hit his vitals.

Oh, more than that, I'm sure. I'm a big dude (a good 130 heavier than I was when I finished my BA - damn grad school), and I have about as much extra flesh as you describe. That guy is a LOT chubbier than I am. I'd give him at least 7-8 inches before vitals, at least up front and on the sides, where fat tends to hang. And although I too think he looks a bit silly, I'd bet he could knock most guys on their @$$es.:cool:

ETA: BTW, I'm not attacking the "fat guy" for doing the airsoft thing. I think EVERYONE who spends that kind of $$$ and runs around playing war with all the "proper tactical equipment" (airsoft or paintball) looks pretty damn silly.

Justin
August 17, 2006, 08:27 PM
Off topic.

If you enjoyed reading about "We Can All Sleep Now" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!