Col. Cooper's Commentaries?

PDA

RobW
August 17, 2006, 06:18 PM
Anyone knows what happened to him/his commentaries? The last edition is April/May.

I hope he is well.

If you enjoyed reading about "Col. Cooper's Commentaries?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Legionnaire
August 17, 2006, 08:23 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I have my Palm set up to download the latest "Commentaries" when I synchronize, and there hasn't been an update since issue 14.4. Anybody heard anything?

crebralfix
August 17, 2006, 09:16 PM
I heard on Guntalk he is/was very sick.

smince
August 17, 2006, 09:48 PM
Well, at 90+ his commentaries can't go on forever. I'll miss him, though.

Download what is there and burn them for keeps. Buy his books to read.

Travis McGee
August 17, 2006, 10:11 PM
If the Iron Colonel is feeling a mite poorly, well, he's earned a short rest.

God Bless this GREAT American!

ilbob
August 17, 2006, 11:28 PM
God Bless this GREAT American!

Amen.

Tsonda
August 17, 2006, 11:41 PM
Bless the him, he has given much to all of us. I wish I could get ALL of his books.

James

Harley Quinn
August 17, 2006, 11:48 PM
He was born in 1920:

John Dean (Jeff) Cooper Lt. Col USMC ::)

He is one of the good guy's.

HQ:D

Legionnaire
August 18, 2006, 07:45 AM
He is one of the good guy's.Amen to that. Sorry never to have had opportunity to take a class with him; I envy those who have. I wrote to him once with a comment on one of his book, little expecting an answer. He replied most graciously. I was since told that (at least until recently) he personally read an responded to all his correspondence. Hearsay only, but I believe it.

Brian Dale
August 18, 2006, 09:01 AM
A true Master and a fine example. Bless him.

BigG
August 18, 2006, 11:06 AM
A good man, God bless him. Hope he gets back on his feet soon!

Rich K
August 18, 2006, 03:11 PM
I ordered his latest book, 'C Stories', from his daughter, Lindy, who is the publisher. In emails, i had said that I would have to settle for the unsigned standard edition, as funds did not permit the deluxe leatherbound edition. Imagine my surprise when my book arrived with the good Col.'s autograph on the title page. Made my day. God Bless and keep this fine Gentleman, and I do mean Gentleman.

smince
August 18, 2006, 06:37 PM
I was since told that (at least until recently) he personally read an responded to all his correspondence. Hearsay only, but I believe it.

I would believe it. I corresponded with the Colonel on a few different occasions. Very personable, but very opinionated. If you read Lindy's book "The Sword and The Spirit" you begin to understand a little more why he is like he is. I respect this man quite a bit.

EllisWyatt
August 19, 2006, 04:37 AM
About a year ago I wrote to the Colonel about something he had said in C-Stories, and was quite surprised to find a reply in the mail just a few weeks later. Sadly he did not care for my comments -- but he was quite gracious about it.

I would sign up for a 250 course at Gunsite today if I knew it would allow me to meet him at the October family reunion. Unfortunately I have my doubts he will still be around.

What a colorful fellow.

James T Thomas
August 19, 2006, 01:04 PM
I too, had written to him, many years ago, and he was kind enough to reply.
The attitude conveyed in the letter was one of almost a conversation in person; interested, and gracious, and not condescending at all.

I suspect from a humble man, but certainly a warrior at heart. May The GREAT SPIRITbless him!

MountainPeak
August 19, 2006, 08:12 PM
I like going back and reading some of his older commentaries. Some of the stuff in the "Archive" area are worth another look! I wish him the best.

If you enjoyed reading about "Col. Cooper's Commentaries?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!