Grip recommendations for Super Redhawk

PDA

PinnedAndRecessed
August 17, 2006, 09:59 PM
I took my Super Redhawk (44 mag) to the range today. I've concluded that the stock grips are too small for my xtra large hands.

Any suggestions as to where I can get larger type grips? Rubber or wood, either one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Grip recommendations for Super Redhawk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
P95Carry
August 17, 2006, 10:05 PM
I actually do not dislike the std grips as such but - prefer the Hogues I have on mine. Easy to get about anywhere.

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/thr/cb_gun2/srh_s.jpg

Jackal
August 17, 2006, 10:07 PM
Hogue is now making covered backstrap grips for the Redhawk, just like the ones on the S&W 500.

PinnedAndRecessed
August 17, 2006, 10:18 PM
Does the Hogue grip for revolvers still require the "saddle" on the bottom? Reason I ask is because I put Hogues on a S&W model 65 and never could get them tight.

PinnedAndRecessed
August 17, 2006, 10:19 PM
Oh, and P95. What kind of lighting are you using for that photograph?

Jackal
August 17, 2006, 10:40 PM
Yes, they require the saddle.

PinnedAndRecessed
August 17, 2006, 10:46 PM
If, after you have tightened the screw as tight as possible, and they're still loose, what then?

blue06van
August 18, 2006, 05:54 PM
I love the Hogue grips on my SRH 44 9.5 . There is a little slop because the soft rubber around the top of the grip at least on mine.

P95Carry
August 18, 2006, 06:19 PM
Must say mine have cinched up quite tight and I do not notice any obvious slop.
What kind of lighting are you using for that photograph?P and R - my set-up is almost absurd in its simplicity - basic is not in it!!

Pic below.

I make use of a white diffuser sheet over the work area and have options for three lights above and to side - often only use two. Camera running entirely manual with white balance set to suit light sources. Exp usually around 1.5 sec @ f11. Sometimes I have to mask lights a bit to reduce bad high spots on reflective stainless or blue.

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/thr/img_assd5/pic-setup-699-s.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Grip recommendations for Super Redhawk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!