model 17-6

PDA

ruttinbuck
August 18, 2006, 11:52 PM
What is a smith & wesson model 17-6 worth? It is in new condition.

If you enjoyed reading about "model 17-6" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ugaarguy
August 18, 2006, 11:57 PM
What's the asking price? I bought a K-22 (predecessor of the 17) that has blueing wear on all the sharp edges for $400 recently. I'd say $400 would be a good price for a 17 in as new condition, possibly a bit more. It also depends on availability in your region. I'd wait and let Xavier Breath and Old Fuff add their much more knowledheable analyses before you go on what I think though.

Edit to add; Welcome to THR ruttinbuck, enjoy your time here, it's a great site.

XavierBreath
August 19, 2006, 12:23 AM
New and unfired, with the box papers and tools, it could bring $500 under the right conditions. If you are missing the box and extra stuff then $400-450 would be good. A four inch barrel would help get it sold a lot quicker. These estimates are for my area. S&W wheelies vary in price across the country.

The full lug barrel and unpinned barrel are what hurts you a bit in the collector's arena. Still a nice revolver though!

FWIW, I just bought this Model 17-4 sans box and papers for $400. I was glad to get it too!

http://www.bayourovers.com/SmithWessonModel17-4LEFT.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "model 17-6" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!