S&W 327 vs 360PD

PDA

DocHarman
August 19, 2006, 04:52 PM
I have the opportunity to buy a S&W Performance Center 327 or a S&W 360PD. The 327 is only $110 more than the 360PD. (Just for reference, both guns are at a much discounted price.)

My question is this: is the 327 worth the extra cash?

I of course know the specifications, but I need some advice from someone with expertise.

Does a S&W Performance Center gun really offer that much more?

As always, thanks for everyone’s help!

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W 327 vs 360PD" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Socrates
August 21, 2006, 05:16 AM
Apples and oranges. the 360PD weight about 12 oz. The 327 about 21, but, with many more shots. I don't care if a 2 inch barrel is made by Lothar. However, your post doesn't give prices, so, it's kind of hard to say if one is worth more then the other. Sounds like they are designed for two different purposes.

S

ChristopherG
August 21, 2006, 12:03 PM
They are very different. The mode of carry you have in mind will determine which is a better gun for you. If you are planning on sticking in in your pocket, then put the 327 out of your mind; it's too big. If you're planning on belt-carrying it in a holster, then the uber-lightness of the 360 is a waste of cash and shooting pain.

For a belt-gun, though, I wouldn't call the 327 my first choice; but it's not a bad one, either. Assuming you're getting a super deal on it, and you're looking for a non-pocket gun for concealed carry, I'd get the 327.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W 327 vs 360PD" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!