Taurus PT 1911 in .40!

PDA

possum
August 20, 2006, 10:15 PM
I saw today on impactguns.com website that they are gonna have a .40 cal version of the pt1911, and a version with the rail as well. pretty interesting, i thought they were gonna stay .45 only and minus a rail, o;d school like, but hey i guess they are meeting the demands of all kinds now! maybe they will come out with a commander size too! Here are a few links.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/SS-27636.html
http://www.impactguns.com/store/SS-27631.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus PT 1911 in .40!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Navy87Guy
August 20, 2006, 11:52 PM
According to the Taurus web site, they'll be coming out with a 9mm and .38 Super versions as well. (If you're interested, look under "Large Frame Pistols", not 1911's. They're on page 2 of the listing.) And yes - they will have a "Compact" size as well (the B3 model).

Interesting that Impact got a picture of the new gun -- the Taurus web site says "Image Coming Soon"!

Jim

longhorngunman
August 21, 2006, 12:03 AM
Yea, Taurus is suppossed to offer many variations of the 1911. They finally have some good info available at their website. Gotta admit I'm really tempted in getting one. All I've read is great reviews of it.

possum
August 21, 2006, 12:16 AM
According to the Taurus web site, they'll be coming out with a 9mm and .38 Super versions as well. (If you're interested, look under "Large Frame Pistols", not 1911's. They're on page 2 of the listing.)
Ok i see it thanks!

And yes - they will have a "Compact" size as well (the B3 model).

WOO HOOOO that tickles me pink there, a taurus 1911 will definetly be my next and now that they have the ompact size comming out I will be waiting for that, heck i gotta wait anyway, for tax return time!:banghead:

hksw
August 21, 2006, 01:40 PM
What, no 10 M&Ms? :mad:

marklbucla
August 21, 2006, 01:41 PM
they'll be coming out with a 9mm and .38 Super versions as well.

My Checkbook and wife really wish I didn't just read that.

possum
August 21, 2006, 01:43 PM
My Checkbook and wife really wish I didn't just read that.

I know how you feel the bad part is my checkbook can cover it but the wife thinks i have to many already!:what: no such thing right?

Jim Watson
August 21, 2006, 01:45 PM
You will note that the Impact ad says "out of stock - accepting orders."
So don't hold your breath. It took Taurus about two years from glowing magazine articles about prototypes to guns in stores. It will take them a while to fill the pipeline with .45s and tool up for smallbores and the compact variant.

wally
August 21, 2006, 02:40 PM
I've wanted a real single stack 1911 in 9mm for a long time but am not willing to pay the $7-800+ Kimber or Springfield want for their "target" nines. I've been making do with the sub-$200 "police surplus" Star BM (got two, one to shoot one as a spare) but extra mags aren't too common and usually over-priced when I find them.

If Taurus leaves off the stupid rail and can be had below $500, I'll jump on one.

OTOH my Armscor 1911-A2 widebodies (Para P18 clones) rock, I've one with a J-Point red dot sight, the other with a Dawson "TruGlo" red fiber optic front.

--wally.

Zero_DgZ
August 21, 2006, 04:44 PM
A Taurus made single stack 9 mill? Where do I sign up?

Flashpoint
August 21, 2006, 07:01 PM
I'll being interested when they come out with a CCO sized gun.

Zundfolge
August 21, 2006, 07:04 PM
If they did a .40 there's no reason not to do one in 10mm.

A 10mm CCO size would be awesome.

Lennyjoe
August 22, 2006, 03:29 AM
Hello, Taurus, are you listening? Make the darn thing in a 10MM as well.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus PT 1911 in .40!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!