Glock Warranty?

PDA

Crosscut
August 21, 2006, 07:19 AM
Can anyone tell me what the warranty is on a Glock? Is it transferable? Looked on the net and nothing came up about how long or what is covered.:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock Warranty?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jlh26oo
August 21, 2006, 07:27 AM
I don't know if it's officially transferable, but I know you can buy a used glock, send it in, and they'll take care of it even if you are not the original owner. I think most companies state less than what they are actually willing to do, just to cya.

Never had to use my glock warranty, but theirs are who I hear least struggles with. Only time I ever sent anything in was to Ruger, and they took care of me pretty well.

10-Ring
August 21, 2006, 08:30 AM
Not to many warranties (in any industry) are transferable. But I do know 1st hand that Glock stands behind its products 100% and their c/s is top notch!

pablo45
August 21, 2006, 08:44 PM
You will never need it but just cause you are curious. Glock is life time as long as there is no reloads fired threw the gun. They even keep there warranty on it if you shoot +P+ unlike some gun manufactorer's. The best service i have ever recieved when dealing with any company.

psychophipps
August 21, 2006, 09:17 PM
I bought a used 1st Gen G17 a while ago and sent it in for service. Even called up the company and said I just bought it from the original owner along with a letter restating that it was a resold pistol. Dropped a $20 check in the package for a new pistol box and sent it away. Full free update on my trigger system, extractor, firing system, whathaveyou. Glock box all shiney and new with my pistol and free cable gun lock in it. Full invoice of the full-tilt-boogey rebuilding of my Glock sans frame, slide and barrel. Shoots like a dream now and no complaints at all with the service or delivery times.

Oh yeah, two months later I got a check for $20 from Glock. Seems they didn't think I should have paid for the pistol box that they told me they charge for. :evil:

Lifelong customer who tells people to buy Glocks? You betcha! :D
Mark(psycho)Phipps( HAHAHA! )

Slvr Surfr
August 21, 2006, 10:23 PM
You wont need it. :cool:

Lennyjoe
August 22, 2006, 02:27 AM
Had a second gen G19 that I traded a Taurus Tracker for. I sent it in to Glock for upgrades and they did everything free of charge.

carnaby
August 22, 2006, 09:37 PM
I had a Glock. Worst piece of crap ever. When I got it home unfired from the range, the trigger fell off. I had to tape it back on. I took it to the range with a case of hollow bullets and the thing malfed on the first round. Something got stuck and I just about shot my nose off when I looked down the barrel.

I finally got all that sorted out and then the slide flew off the gun down the range. I almost got shot when I went to get it. It was cracked and almost in two pieces, but a little tape fixed that alright. A few more rounds and the slide catch broke, sending the slide back down the range, which finally broke in two. At the same time the mag release went, dropping the full mag (30 rounder) on my foot and then I almost shot myself in the face again.

And then there's that grip angle. I thought it was bad before, but the grip broke clean off the bottom of the gun and when I taped it back on, the angle was even worse.

I sent the whole package back to Glock and then I never heard anything from them. Whenever I'd call to check on my piece, they'd disguise their voices and pretend they were really an ethnic food store and didn't speak English.

So all in all, not too bad.

Quinch
August 22, 2006, 11:45 PM
That's happened with every Glock I've owned, but when I call Glock they send me more tape.

Crosscut
August 23, 2006, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the replies. I thought that to be the case, but wanted to verify.

Bazooka Joe71
August 23, 2006, 12:42 PM
HAHAHA, carnaby that story had me in stitches! Man, i wish you had that experience on tape:D

carnaby
August 23, 2006, 02:02 PM
Heh, yeah, alas it is only as I recolect. At least Quinch got them to send some tape.

On another note, I am a glock hater (don't like the grip angle, think it's butt ugly), but I'll never go as far as to say that they suck. They are great pistols, I just don't like 'em myself. Just for the record :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock Warranty?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!