What do you think of that.....

PDA

Mizar
August 21, 2006, 11:47 AM
Hallo. This is a picture of a bulgarian "gunsmith" adjusting the primary angle on the hammer hooks......:what: The gun is Sig 226 SL and had a problem with hammer follow after only 500 rounds...... The real fun part is that the owner of the pistol says, that this "gunsmith" is real proffessional......

http://images09.snimka.bg/001079967.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "What do you think of that....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RogersPrecision
August 21, 2006, 12:43 PM
Looks to me like he should be wearing safety glasses!
:rolleyes:

mete
August 21, 2006, 01:12 PM
I've used Dremel tools for 45 years and they have many good uses .Trigger /hammer/sear use is not one of them !!! I've always done such work with stones by hand.Though I've had formal training as a gunsmith I don't work as one .There are different definitions of the word "professional " !!!

Jim K
August 21, 2006, 03:20 PM
The judgment should be based on the quality of work, not on the tools he uses. I know people I would completely trust with a power tool, and others who can completely ruin a gun with a simple screwdriver.

My question is why a presumably new SIG needed work after only 500 rounds. Is there some info missing here or has SIG quality control gone to heck?

Jim

Mizar
August 22, 2006, 02:11 AM
My only information is that the hammer hooks were not set with the correct angle from the factory - this is what the gunsmith says.
P. S. This gunsmith allready has a bad reputacion and he is working full time in one of the biggest gun-shops in BG........

Sunray
August 23, 2006, 01:35 AM
"...allready has a bad reputacion..." That says it all.

If you enjoyed reading about "What do you think of that....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!