FN Barracuda

PDA

JaxNovice
August 22, 2006, 10:15 AM
Anyone have any insights. experience or thoughts on this revolver?

If you enjoyed reading about "FN Barracuda" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HMMurdock
August 22, 2006, 12:03 PM
Almost bought one. Decent price, but you can't find a decent holster. They are supposed to have easily changed 9mm cylinders with them, but apparently they just imported them with the .357 cylinders. FNs only attempt (to my knowledge) at a Revolver, but they were actually produced by Astra-- or so I'm told.

Sexy, but I stayed away just because I can't find replacement grips, parts, or holsters. I hear they are damned fine revolvers, though...

TRL

Reed1911
August 22, 2006, 02:10 PM
They are very nice revolvers, we were able to get 10 total in and all sold in a month. I still have one in inventory on hold for a customer and pull it from time to time when questions get asked about them. If you can find one 300-400 is about the going rate and a fairly good deal. Nice deep blue finish and beautiful, beautiful grips.

Croyance
August 22, 2006, 10:13 PM
I bought mine a few months ago. The finish on mine was treated a bit roughly. Do a search for Barracuda and you will probably find my threads.
It is a nice solid gun whose cylinder comes out easily. Because of a bubble near the front of the trigger guard, not all holsters made for the S&W19 fit. But an Uncle Mike's fits just fine.
Regardless of finish, $400 is too much - you can get a S&W K-frame for that. They use the same speed loaders, by the way.

Solid gun, seems to be well made. The trigger pull is heavier than my S&W 19, but it is smooth. I would rate the trigger about the same as the Rugers I have handled. Good single action trigger. Very accurate.

At $300 it is a good buy. At $400 the price isn't bad, but as I say you can buy a S&W for that money, though not in this barrel size.

If you enjoyed reading about "FN Barracuda" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!