Giddy as a Schoolgirl Model 66 and 629 trade

PDA

Polishrifleman
August 22, 2006, 06:14 PM
Considering doing a trade for a model 66 and 629. They are used but not abused anything I should be aware of or look for? I am not so much worried about value more so about what I am looking at or for in regards to model specific problems.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Giddy as a Schoolgirl Model 66 and 629 trade" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
steelhead
August 22, 2006, 06:24 PM
The only problem with those revolvers is that you haven't done the trade yet.....

Both are pretty much bullet proof. Just look for the standard things you would look for in any used revolver to indicate excessive wear/timing/sear problems.

Polishrifleman
August 22, 2006, 06:26 PM
Thats what I thought but after doing the JM testing, I wanted more info. on the models and the best place to ask is here.

Thanks

Master Blaster
August 23, 2006, 09:17 AM
If you did the checkout and both are good to go...

What specific model of each is involved? What barrel length etc???

I own a 2.5 " 66 and a couple of 629s and they are fine revolvers.

What are you going to trade for them??

Good luck:)

Eightball
August 23, 2006, 03:01 PM
Had a 65, got a 620 back in mail from smith. I love mine--4", but balances oh-so-perfectly. Very managable using .357--can use a whole box easy without the hand getting tired. The L as opposed to K frame is a marginal size difference--using Hogue grips, it's near about impossible to tell the difference. That 7th shot with the 620 is pretty slick, I have to admit, but there's an occasional hangup when ejecting brass (due to the shape of a septagon as opposed to a hexagon, there will be a point facing the grip, and is always the last round to come out). That aside, if you aren't looking for a 2 second reload and more for the fun factor, I love my 620. And that 7th shot makes people look over when they realize that your gun ain't just firing 6:D .
That being said, I still want a 66, "just because", but I love the feel/balance/heft of my 620.

Polishrifleman
August 23, 2006, 05:38 PM
My trade bait is to good to tell you guys. I don't want the jealousy factor to be too large. 4" on the 66, it was a service piece and shows holster wear. 8 3/8 on the 629 in really good shape. Dirty Harry doesn't have anything on me:D .

Timmy
August 24, 2006, 03:18 AM
Neither does Sledgehammer:neener:

10-Ring
August 24, 2006, 10:23 PM
As long as they're of older vintage and don't have the internal locks on them and you're not trading away anything you might miss in the morning...;)

Polishrifleman
August 25, 2006, 02:19 PM
Both are pre lock, 629-1 and just a 66 no dash (I don't know if there were any) and I am very happy now all I have to do is shoot them.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Giddy as a Schoolgirl Model 66 and 629 trade" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!