22 Cal Winchester Mod. 150, Replace Fire Pin

PDA

HOOPER65
August 22, 2006, 09:17 PM
22 Cal Winchester Mod. 150, Replace Fire Pin

Could someone lend me some advice with this one ?
I have my 22 Cal Winchester Mod. 150 taken down and the ( broken ) firing pin out - and I cant get the new fireing pin ... in ! The pin has a small bit of metal at the tip that seems to be for levering the ejector leaver when it goes back and forth - I had to grind that off in order to slide out the broken pin from the bolt - but, now I cant get the new pin back in because it of course has the same bit of metal ... I don't want to grind any of that off of the new pin for fear of disabling the eject mechanism.

Is there a way to get the fireing pin installed in the bolt - or did I need to buy an entire new bolt assembly ?

Any advice would be very appreciated .

Thank You.

Dose anyone out there remember this riffle ?
Can anyone lend some advice ?

If you enjoyed reading about "22 Cal Winchester Mod. 150, Replace Fire Pin" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sunray
August 23, 2006, 03:07 AM
Not that it's much help, but as Gunparts(the exploded drawing does show much but the parts) sells the firing pin by itself, there must be a way of getting it in without buying a whole bolt. That'd come without a firing pin anyway. I'm wondering if it goes in from the rear of the bolt. Or maybe it gets angled in. Although, I'd bet there's a retaining pin on the bolt that needs punching out.

HOOPER65
August 23, 2006, 09:50 AM
Yes - there is a retaining pin that holds back the spring pressure - I did punch it out to get the broken pin out - basically, under the tip of the pin where it would strike the bullet, there is a tiny bottom of a V shape, that when moving back and forth, strikes the arm of the ejector. that V is the obstruction that seems to be preventing me from getting the new pin back in. RE: go in from opposite direction - nope - pin is far bigger at the strike ( back ) end.

It almost looks like the bolt is a 2 part unit held together with a pin ( when I say two part, I mean one very solid chuck a steel ) I have questioned whether the bolt has to come apart, but could spell disaster as I really have to question if I could get it back together.

If you enjoyed reading about "22 Cal Winchester Mod. 150, Replace Fire Pin" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!