Video Game Gun, need help

PDA

G36-UK
August 23, 2006, 03:04 PM
I've been reading through my old Sega Power mags, and in a preview of the old game Virtua Cop, it claims that the lightgun in the arcade is based on a real revolver, which was meant to be called the Guardian.

I've attached a pic of the lightgun, but can any of you tell me if you know the real name of the gun?

If you enjoyed reading about "Video Game Gun, need help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sunray
August 23, 2006, 03:57 PM
There's no real firearm that looks like that. Revolvers don't have slides or safeties on the frame and semi-autos don't have cylinders.

Father Knows Best
August 23, 2006, 05:22 PM
I dunno. It looks kinda like it might have been inspired by a Mateba auto revolver. Still, it looks more like someone grafted the slide from a semi-auto on top of a revolver with the weirdest grip angle ever.

Zundfolge
August 23, 2006, 06:09 PM
Looks like it was very loosely based on the pistol Decker carried in Blade Runner.

That one was made from parts of several guns (I believe a Bulldog and a Steyr double trigger rifle among others)

G36-UK
August 23, 2006, 06:57 PM
The gun they had a picture of looked similar, but not identical to the lightgun.

What I can remember was that it had a similar barrel, with the ribbed bottom, but other than that, looked like a normal revolver.

If I had a scanner, and the issue here and now, I'd post a pic, but right now, I'm going on what I remember.

Giolli Joker
August 23, 2006, 07:27 PM
It looks kinda like it might have been inspired by a Mateba auto revolver.
Matebas are far different.;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Video Game Gun, need help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!