Xd flat dark earth on .45's only?

PDA

possum
August 23, 2006, 05:55 PM
hey i was cruising the net and saw the new color for the xd's but it is on the .45 models only, are they gonna do this to the other calibers as well or is this a special feature that can only be had on the .45's? Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Xd flat dark earth on .45's only?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ugaarguy
August 23, 2006, 07:07 PM
It looks like Springfield may be gearing up for the Joint Combat Pistol (JCP) program. If thats the case then the new color being in 45 ACP only makes sense.

See Attachment 01 - JCP Specification at this site for the source of the quotes below. http://www.fbo.gov/spg/ODA/USSOCOM/SOAL-KB/H92222%2D05%2DR%2D0017/Attachments.html
3.1. JCP Definition. The JCP System shall include:

3.1.1. Weapon. A caliber .45 pistol, two [2] standard-capacity magazines, operatorís manual, and cleaning kit.
3.3.5. Color. The JCP frame and JCP holster shall be delivered in Color #30118 (Flat, Dark Earth), Per FED-STD-595B (T). The barrel and slide shall be anti-reflective, matte grey or matte black finish comparable to FED-STD-595B series #36000 or #37000 colors (T).

10-Ring
August 23, 2006, 09:40 PM
Oh geez! I thought it was a bad precedent to do 2 tone camo colored guns a few years ago when the trend started...now I'm just waiting the trend to stop :scrutiny:

possum
August 23, 2006, 09:48 PM
ugaarguy

thanks for the link and the info, i appreciate it, that makies since to me. I like the two tone myself, My xd service model is od, it gives it character!

Lebben-B
August 24, 2006, 07:40 AM
It looks like Springfield may be gearing up for the Joint Combat Pistol (JCP) program.

The JCP program died back in MAR 06. The program is now called the Combat Pistol program and has reverted back to a USASOC-only contract. I hope SA does compete in the program. The only fly in the ointment is the external safety requirement - The XD meets that spec if the grip safety is considered a true safety by the evaluators.

Mike

strambo
August 24, 2006, 09:19 AM
The only fly in the ointment is the external safety requirement Nah, that wasn't a requirement for the USASOC guns, only the JCP general issue ones. I guess specops are the only ones who can be trusted with a DA trigger and no safety. Them and every rookie cop who has a Glock or Sig.:rolleyes: I hate the stoopid M9 safety...can you tell?:D

Gary G23
August 24, 2006, 09:40 AM
http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=34&t=33670

If you enjoyed reading about "Xd flat dark earth on .45's only?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!