How well do you sleep and what can be done about it?

PDA

Alan Fud
May 8, 2003, 02:02 PM
For reasons that are not relevant to this thread, I do not get much sleep but when I do sleep, I am totally dead to the world. This can be a bit of a problem if somebody breaks in, in the middle of the night while I am in la-la land. All of the guns, bullets, training, practise, etc.; in the world aren't going to do me any good if I'm unconscious at the time that a BG is standing over me.

To compensate, I have an alarm system installed with all of the doors and windows wired to sound a piercing alarm as soon as they are tripped. When we move to the hills of PA in a few months, I plan on getting a blue-eyed Husky (had one when we lived in NJ and he made an excellent watch dog).

Just curious if besides alarms and watchdogs, is there anything else that anyone does to compensate for being a sound sleeper?

If you enjoyed reading about "How well do you sleep and what can be done about it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
spacemanspiff
May 8, 2003, 02:17 PM
ordinary noises dont wake me up, doorbells, telephone, that sort of thing i sleep right through. occasionally i'll sleep right through my alarm clock if i'm not feeling well or hungover.

a knock on my bedroom door will wake me up however. and i dont sleep all the way through the night. i'll open my eyes from a dream and look at the clock to make sure i havent overslept at least 4 times a night, sometimes every half hour, and then close my eyes and resume the dream.

i've also gotten in the habit of sleeping with the bedroom light on. that way my eyes never have to adjust from dark to light, and it helps me wake up in the morning. i do wake up immediately though, no drowsiness or sluggishness, once i get up off the bed, i'm awake and couldnt go back to sleep if i wanted to.

from time to time we'll hear gunshots around the neighborhood, and that always wakes me up.

blades67
May 8, 2003, 02:57 PM
Have some kids and you won't sleep soundly for a long, long time.

El Tejon
May 8, 2003, 03:00 PM
Can't sleep, phone going off all the time.

Locked door, alarm, dog, tin can full of ball bearing, inter alia, all good idea.

George Hill
May 8, 2003, 03:03 PM
To help get to sleep, I suggest a good dinner, a good shagging with the spouse or partner of your choice, and a good book.

And I suggest keeping the topics on topic. Paranoia is for a different forum.

Closed.

If you enjoyed reading about "How well do you sleep and what can be done about it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!