ND Non Resident CCW time to issue?

PDA

JBusch8899
August 23, 2006, 11:26 PM
Can anyone point me to the North Dakota statute which specifies time to issue for non resident CCWs?

If you enjoyed reading about "ND Non Resident CCW time to issue?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
phorvick
August 24, 2006, 01:00 PM
I hope I am not wrong here, but in ND all that is currently required is a simple 10 question test. I believe that if you have taken the current test variation, that there is no statutory time limit. Since the test changed last year (August 2005), I suspect that if you took the old 10 question t/f test that you may need to redo the test.

The ND authorities are very helpful...send them an e-mail or give a call to the ND AG's office at 701 328-2210

JBusch8899
August 24, 2006, 04:28 PM
North Dakota is a "shall issue" state.......

but there is no law stating how long the government must issue?

phorvick
August 24, 2006, 08:33 PM
Oh, I misinterpreted your question. I thought you were asking how long a time you had to apply once you took the test.

In re-reading the question it appears you are asking how long it takes to issue the permit once application is made?? If that is the question, oh...I am not sure it is in the statute..e-mail here: bciinfo@state.nd.us

Firethorn
August 24, 2006, 09:01 PM
I got mine in less than two weeks upon sending everything in. But yeah, I don't remember a statutory requirement for how fast they have to be.

It's not like we have officials that'll deliberatly drag their feet like in some states.

JBusch8899
August 25, 2006, 11:54 AM
"The sheriff is required to process the application within thirty days after completion of the testing portion unless the application is for renewal of a license and in such a case the application must be processed within thirty days after its receipt by the sheriff, the chief of police is required to process the application within ten working days of receipt by the agency, and the Bureau of Criminal Investigation is required to process the application and make a determination within thirty days of receipt from the forwarding agency."

Once all the requirements are completed:

1) 30 days for the Sheriff

2) 14 days max. for the Chief of Police, if applicable

3) 30 days for BCI

74 days

Of course, I presume that mailing and in-processing are exempted from these statutory time limits.

If you enjoyed reading about "ND Non Resident CCW time to issue?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!